dye over henna

ImFree27

can you dye your hair if you have used henna in the past? on the dye box it says do not use over compound henna..what's compound henna?

Yes you can use a dye over pure body art quality henna. Compound henna is henna that has metal and other stuff added to it and is usually marketed as henna hair dye.

I wondered that too. I used body art henna that said it could be used in hair so I should be fine dying my hair. I think I'll go to a pro instead of doing myself though.

Yes you can use a dye over pure body art quality henna. Compound henna is henna that has metal and other stuff added to it and is usually marketed as henna hair dye.

yeah i was going to take the dye back, yeah I only used regular henna, so I should be fine..

I have only used Bigen over henna and it works well.

Well, I did use a rinse and that was fine too. I did notice that the rinses don't seem to last long on my hair as before I started using henna.

Also, I notice that using henna over my bigen colored hair eventually makes it loose some of the deepness of color. Which is fine because Bigen can be too much sometimes.

Back