Dumb question but I'm going to ask...

Siren

Ladies how do you moisturize your hair? Techniques?

I usually moisturize the scalp, hair and ends first. Wash my hands (because the moisturizing cream is all over it) then use oil.

I have problems with the oil part. How do you use it to seal in the moisture? I need a detailed explanation like you're explaining it to a kid:look:. I've read posts about it but I'm still doing it wrong or so I think. The top and sides of my hair always manage to stay moisturized but the middle and back remain dry.

Last edited:
No question is a dumb question, thats what we are here for...to ask and answer questions and so forth.:)

Anyway, I section my hair into about 3 or 4 parts and I put my moisturizer only on the length and ends mostly, then I immediately seal with an oil or serum. My hair stays moisturized very well this way, too. It sounds like you're doing the right thing, though. What products are you using to moisturize and seal with?

I use either NTM or Parvenu T-Tree Growth Creme as a moisturizer. I use Hobe' Naturals Sweet Almond Oil to seal it in. Maybe I just need to trim the problem areas. It's hard for those areas to stay moisturized.

Hi!! No such thing!! I twist my hair and apply the moisturizer in a spiraling motion down the twist to ensure the moisturizer get on all the ends down the twist. This is how I make sure all of my layers are kept mosit.

SerenityBreeze said:
I twist my hair and apply the moisturizer in a spiraling motion down the twist to ensure the moisturizer get on all the ends down the twist. This is how I make sure all of my layers are kept mosit.
Great technique! How do you seal in the oil? I'm so heavy handed with products that if I oiled right after moisturizing each section it would go everywhere. If you oiled right after moisturizing wouldn't it mix with the moisturizer and dry the hair?:confused:

shunta said:
No question is a dumb question, thats what we are here for...to ask and answer questions and so forth.:)

Anyway, I section my hair into about 3 or 4 parts and I put my moisturizer only on the length and ends mostly, then I immediately seal with an oil or serum. My hair stays moisturized very well this way, too. It sounds like you're doing the right thing, though. What products are you using to moisturize and seal with?

What Shunta said...I section the hair off and moisturize the ends only. I use maybe 3-4 drops of jojoba oil to coat the ends right after I moisturize. I might try Serenity's method tonight though...I have layers too, and this might work for me!!

@ night, i moisturize each section with ORS olive oil(root to tip) and immediately follow up with a oil sealant concentrating on the last 2-3 inches of the hair shaft. I prefer dabur vatika oil, or i will opt for almond, grapeseed or jojoba oil. Then i apply a lil extra oil along the hairline(try'n desperately 2 grow that back) afterwards putting hair into a bun. Cover with a satin scarf and viola! If you moisturize with a water based moisturizer and seal with a oil, you are not mixing and drying the hair out. You applied moisture to the hair and your just locking it in. The oil is sealant to keep the moisture in the hair stand. HTH

when I am not in braids, i do the phony pony method (scurl bun and shower cap)

while in braids, i use scurl moisturizer on the braids every night and morning.

I section my hair and moisturize with a cream like Keracare or Ultra Black Hair Moisturizer. Then spray my whole head with oil to seal. ( I bought a spray bottle at Sally's to put my oil in- it is to messy for me otherwise.)

HTH

Back