Drying hair 3 to 4 times a week under hooded dryer

NYDee

Will this have adverse effect on the hair (my hair relaxed)? I plan to cowash every other day from now on and I also want to wear my hair out in twist outs, rollersets, braids outs, etc. Air drying takes too long, especially during the week so I have to dry it with heat unfortunately.

Have you tried microfiber or turbie twist towels? You can swap a damp towel with a dry one for quicker results. My braids and twists will dry within 20 minutes. I have SL natural type 4 hair. YMMV.

How do you use it? Do you wrap the damp towel over your head and air dry in 20 mins?

Have you tried microfiber or turbie twist towels? You can swap a damp towel with a dry one for quicker results. My braids and twists will dry within 20 minutes. I have SL natural type 4 hair. YMMV.

How do you use it? Do you wrap the damp towel over your head and air dry in 20 mins?

I wrap a dry towel over soaking wet head for about 10 minutes while I dry off body, apply lotion, get dressed, etc. Then I replace the damp towel with another dry towel and it usually soaks up rest of water within 10 minutes.

I bought 2 turbie twists at Big Lots for $5. Or you can check auto section of discount stores like Walmart for those microfiber towels for car. I bought a pack of 3 for $3 at Autozone last week.

There is a brand called Shamwow but I have never used those. I just get what ever is available in the store I happen to be in. HTH

Wow that's impressive. I will try to find one. Is your hair in a loose state when you use it or in it's twists, braid outs, rollers or any other?

I wrap a dry towel over soaking wet head for about 10 minutes while I dry off body, apply lotion, get dressed, etc. Then I replace the damp towel with another dry towel and it usually soaks up rest of water within 10 minutes.

I bought 2 turbie twists at Big Lots for $5. Or you can check auto section of discount stores like Walmart for those microfiber towels for car. I bought a pack of 3 for $3 at Autozone last week.

There is a brand called Shamwow but I have never used those. I just get what ever is available in the store I happen to be in. HTH

Wow that's impressive. I will try to find one. Is your hair in a loose state when you use it or in it's twists, braid outs, rollers or any other?

It is loose if I did an oil rinse or ayurvedic paste. Usually in twists/braids when I co-wash or acv rinse between trips to pool. I never tried it with rollers but I did find that bantu knots take longer to dry because the hair is coiled around itself. That's the only style that finishes drying in air without towel. I rinse bantu knots with diluted acv or aloe vera juice to avoid unraveling them. HTH

Back