Dry New Growth

angellazette

I came across an old post that talked about products to use to moisturize new growth, so far I've read about CD Hair Milk and HHB. Any other products?

I can give you some suggestions, but my suggestions would depend on how you wear your hair on a daily basis. Meaning, are you looking for something that is going to keep you have moist? Are you looking for something that you can put on your hair and then curl or something to smooth your new growth down in say...a bun. Please let me know.

-lee

Ok...I'll probably be doing rod sets in the near future and throwing a headband on. I don't know how to do a bun
frown.gif
I do plan on trying the HHB. I read that people put it on their new growth, I wonder if I can put it on my ends also.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok...I'll probably be doing rod sets in the near future and throwing a headband on. I don't know how to do a bun
frown.gif
I do plan on trying the HHB. I read that people put it on their new growth, I wonder if I can put it on my ends also.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used HHB throughout my hair and it moisterizes nicely. not to greasy or anything. usually i put it on my hair from root to tip at night braid it in pony tails and place a scarf on my head. the next morning its nice and shiny and the stuff has fully absorbed in my hair. i have also used it before i had to go somewhere and it worked fine as well. i have to say that stuff is the best item i have come across in awhile.

some people also like carrot cream-like the one organic root stimulator makes or hollywood beauty. i used hollywood beauty and it has almost the same ingrediants as ORS and its a great hold over if i run out of HHB.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i used HHB throughout my hair and it moisterizes nicely. not to greasy or anything. usually i put it on my hair from root to tip at night braid it in pony tails and place a scarf on my head. the next morning its nice and shiny and the stuff has fully absorbed in my hair. i have also used it before i had to go somewhere and it worked fine as well. i have to say that stuff is the best item i have come across in awhile.

some people also like carrot cream-like the one organic root stimulator makes or hollywood beauty. i used hollywood beauty and it has almost the same ingrediants as ORS and its a great hold over if i run out of HHB.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you used it every night?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you used it every night?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually yeah i do. i also occationally "seal" in the HHB. i will put in my hair at night wrap it up in a scarf and then the next morning i would use a lil bit of a hair grease "petroluem" base product to allow the "moister" to "stay" in my hair. but thing is after you use grease you can't put the HHB on top of that cause it will look real greasy. but the petrolum thing is not mandatory. a few people on here use some type of product to"seal" in the moister. i washed my hair last night and didn't put no grease in it yet-i just used the HHB and it is fine.

I'm starting to put two and two together
clap.gif

I just noticed that most of those that only put the HHB on newgrowth are transitioning. Plus I read that it seems to be a bit heavy on relaxed hair. So maybe that is why some are only using it for newgrowth. After transitioning, using it on the entire head
smile.gif
grin.gif

Usually I mist my hair and use my essential oils to seal in the moisture. Though I didn't think the HHB needed to be sealed it, I thought that it was the sealant.

Anyway, I went ahead and put in my order of the HHB about 15 minutes ago
cool.gif
This is how I plan to use it:
Wash/Condition>Leave in>HHB to my new growth (only after wash as opposed to nightly)>Essential Oil Spray to remainder of hair(after wash and nightly after misting w/water)

Only thing, with a dry hairstyle I won't be able to do my nightly misting. Maybe I'll use a tiny bit of the HHB on my ends. So in essence, I guess I would be sealing in the HHB.

sounds like a plan angel...
I'm transitioning and I use the HHB only once and that's after washing (or a co washing). It would be too much to apply to my new growth every day. When my hair is wet and drying in its ponytail, I put just a little through that relaxed hair...but just a little! I love the HHB. I won't go without it for the rest of my transitioning!

Back