Dry hair from hot yoga, help!

isawstars

& even regular yoga does this to my hair... because they keep the thermostat really high, like 85 degrees for regular yoga. So what are you ladies doing when you attend yoga? Do you put conditioner in your hair before class? My hair always feels like straw after a good yoga work out :(

Ah Hot Yoga!! :love: it!! I usually put a little deep conditioner mixed with a heavy oil on my hair, wrap it in saran wrap, and put a scarf over it. So by the time I get home I get in the shower and rinse. It is sooo soft.

Maybe you should try putting your hair in a bun with conditioner, and wrap it with saran wrap & a scarf. Or maybe twist will help since they hold inn moisture pretty well. I use the saran wrap so it won't saturate my scarfs and to keep my hair from drying out.

Last edited:
My hair never feels off after yoga...but it's probably the salt from your sweat. I'm sure ladies who work out often/live in hot climates can also help. How often do you practice? Maybe a DC after your class (if it's only once a week)

I try to put my hair in twist with lots of JBCO then tuck under a silk scarf. That seems to help a lot.

My sister does Bikram yoga 6 days a week. She rinses her out thoroughly and co-washes afterwards. HTH.

how do you keep a silk scarf on in a strenuous hot yoga class??

I don't have a problem with it at all. I do sweat freely in my scalp and head tho. The scarf is kinda plastered to my head afterwards...lol but thats to be expected since its as wet as the rest of the clothing on my body.

I saw a girl on youtube who glued some snap clips to the edge of her silk scarf in order to keep it on easily.
this kind of clips:

acc_toupeeclips.jpg

If it were me... everyday I went to yoga I'd wet my hair and sauturate it with conditioner and wear a plastic cap during class.. Best deep condish ever...:lol:

I took hot yoga a few times and it was murder on my hair. If I decide to try it again I would do the conditioner with saran wrap method. Rinsing after class is necessary but the studio I went to is small and only has one shower.

I noticed wiping up towards my hairline made my hair dry dry dry. I started wiping side ways stopping right before my temples.

I put Wen Fig oil around my edges and outer layer of my hair and wear a headband before exercise :)

I sweat but it dries and no straw hair.

i thought i was the only one who considered deep conditioning during bikram. i tried it once but the smell of my dc was so strong that i never did it again.

Generally I am freshly showered before my yoga classes....so my hair is moist from at least water and at most some type of moisturizer and sealed with oil.
I am also not scared/ashamed to wear a cotton scarf to catch the sweat/water during yoga or any activity that causes me to sweat profusely.

Back