$#@% Dry Ends!!!!!

wyldcurlz

my ends are sooo dry and ragged and i'm SICK of it! i've barely used heat on them. i hardly touch them, i've tried to moisturize and seal...nothing is helping! i'm gonna go crazy! my hair is highlighted but, i don't think that is playing a part...maybe it is. what can i do with these dry ends???

You may just need a trim. I would try some of the ladies suggestions, but if all else fails, you'll be surprised what difference a small trim could make.

^^ IA. If your ends are truly beyond repair (and are not just dry), you will need to trim them. Sometimes, it's really the best thing to do and will make your hair look and feel healthier. Long hair with raggedy ends does not look good. However, try to identify the root cause of the issue so that the problem does not come back again, otherwise your hair won't make much progress.

Last edited:
I have highlights and I am going through the same thing. I think my ends gets frizzy because of the color though. I am just patiently waiting for the color to grow out.

Clarify, deep condition and keep moisturising and sealing. I always had dry frizzy ends until I started using heat on them periodically. After wash DC etc, put a very little EVOO on your ends, fold ends (section by section) with foil.

Use your flat iron to press the foil for a few seconds, don't leave too long try this 2ce month you should be fine.

I'm with the other ladies, try the baggy method. Also, you may want to try the Jheri Juice challenge as well, yes Jheri curl products, S-Curl, Care-free curl, Hawian Silvy, Wave Nuveau, Right On curl. Anyone will do, it works wonders. :grin:

Since they are color treated, give them a little protein and follow it with something creamy and emollient.

Totally agree with gymfreak. I would do a light protein conditioner like aphogee 2 min or Ao GBP. Moisturize head with creme moisturizer. Spray ends with wave nouveau and seal with oil. Bun it. This worked for my ends and my ends were jacked.

my ends are sooo dry and ragged and i'm SICK of it! i've barely used heat on them. i hardly touch them, i've tried to moisturize and seal...nothing is helping! i'm gonna go crazy! my hair is highlighted but, i don't think that is playing a part...maybe it is. what can i do with these dry ends???

usually when hair doesnt hold moisture is becuase of lack of protein. try a protein treatment and then a moisture heave DC :yep:, DC on dry hair tho.

after i texlaxed my ends felt dry to, i was like wtf? that never happend to me, but you know that I "juice :look:" so that clear it right up :grin:

I'm with the other ladies, try the baggy method. Also, you may want to try the Jheri Juice challenge as well, yes Jheri curl products, S-Curl, Care-free curl, Hawian Silvy, Wave Nuveau, Right On curl. Anyone will do, it works wonders. :grin:

^^^^^^ and thats all im trying to say, right thuuur^^^:grin:

I would clarify then DC with protein then moisture, followed by a good overnight baggy. Baggying is saving my raggedy no-lye ends right now :yep:

I would clarify then DC with protein then moisture, followed by a good overnight baggy. Baggying is saving my raggedy no-lye ends right now :yep:
I have been baggying for the past 2 days and my ends are much softer. I also steamed them today.

When my ends were frizzy I used Roux porosity control to make my hair more receptive to holding moisture. It's supposed to restore the hair to its natural pH level. I noticed my hair was a lot smoother and my products worked better after using it.

My secret for non-dry ends is shea moisture shea butter leave-in conditionner. Use a tiny bit on your ends at night and you'll be good to go!! You can also seal it if you want but I found that it did a great job on my hair alone.

Hey :)
When was the last time you deep conditioned? check out the ingredients of the products you are using for moisture and seal, does the moisturize contain cones or any other crazy ingredient?

I agree with what all the other ladies have said so far. Baggy Baggy!!

Back