Dry Dry Ends? Try This

Crap! I wish I saw this sooner. I also concentrate my shampoo on my scalp and conditioners and oils on the ends. My hair has been feeling brittle so I got a trim. My ends feel wonderful now:grin: But I wish I had tried this first.

BTDT too!!! Ahh well, live and learn. Next time? :think: Tee hee.

This is interesting. Sometimes I think dry ends are just dry ends :yep: But it may be worth a try for someone contemplating chopping dry ends off.

Thanks for the tip! I tried this on my entire head with a chelating/clarifying poo then followed with elucence MB conditioner and my hair feels great.

Will the baking soda mixture hurt hair that has been permanently dyed? I dyed my hair jet black using Bigen which has no ammonia or peroxide. I did this 3 weeks ago.

Will the baking soda mixture hurt hair that has been permanently dyed? I dyed my hair jet black using Bigen which has no ammonia or peroxide. I did this 3 weeks ago.

I dye my hair with henna/indigo. No impact. Don't know about Bigen. Ladies, can you help out Serinity_Peace?

Thanks CG, I never thought about that... I'm going to put more emphasis on my ends next time I clarify! I've definately noticed that my ends have been dry no matter what I do.

I tried this today :clap:...my hair and ends are so soft THANKS!!!

3-4-08B.jpg

Just tried this today and it works! My ends do feel softer and thicker actually. To avoid dry hair, I'm deep conditioning overnight. Thank you!

Dang! I wish I had known/tried this before trimming 2x In 2 months:blush: I will try this soon ! Thanks for the tip :)

thank you very much I have been on this board for 4 years and I am still learning and trying wonderful things so thank you very much!!

I tried this about a couple of weeks ago and it didn't really work for me I guess cause I used it more as a rinse as suggested and didn't agitate my hair to reduce it getting tangled. I read the suggestion on another thread on using this BS concoction (baking soda not the other B.S. :lachen:) oppose to washing with shampoo and to clarify by using more BS to clarify. And a lot of the ladies said it helped a lot with the tangles too. So I found the suggestion not to rub or agitate the hair when trying this and how it will help with tangles to be helpful becaue my hair tangles,knots and kind of matts up like no ones business just from water hitting it. And since clarify is good for helping your conditioners work to help retain moisture I definitely figured this would be perfect for me and help me with the tangles and retaining moisture.

Question: Since I am a girl who needs some major slip while washing and not really the one to rub and agitate my hair to much during the washing process as is. And I can get a good enough slip from using either NTM or CON poo, is it possible to try this again using either or and diluting them with water in additoin to the vinegar and lemon?

FYI I just relaxed last weekend, got severly over processed using Olive oil lye (never again-she is to strong and the devil) and now my hair is super dry and breaking and I need to do a mild protein treatment (Aphogee 2 min or their extensive keratin treatment- suggestions are welcome) followed up with a deep moisture conditioner (mixtue of Dove moisturizing, Silk elements moisturizing hiar mask and 2 teaspoons of honey) to help retain moisture. I want it(protein and moisture) to take well and want to try the BS again to make sure it does, but dont want to do more harm to my hair.

Suggestions are welcome:yep:

I've recently changed my regimen a bit. This past month, I havent' used shampoo. Only Baking Soda, lemon, ACV and water. I used to focus on my scalp. This weekend I gave the ends a good scrubbing. I will continue to scrub them based on how they feel. They have a mind of their own. So I can't really tell you exactly.

The farther I get into the hair care game, the more I realized that I need to listen/feel my hair before deciding what I will be doing during my weekly wash regime.
How much lemon juice do you use for this? also, do you mix this w/the ACV, BS and Honey as well?

Thanks.

How much lemon juice do you use for this? also, do you mix this w/the ACV, BS and Honey as well?

Thanks.
Not much about a tsp of honey. Yes I have been mix all together with great results, however, I am thinking about changing up.

BS wash first
DC
ACV/Honey rinse (leave in) to seal cuticle.

Hey, it's about experimenting within reason to see what works best right? Your approach may be completely different but work just as well.

Not much about a tsp of honey. Yes I have been mix all together with great results, however, I am thinking about changing up.

BS wash first
DC
ACV/Honey rinse (leave in) to seal cuticle.

Hey, it's about experimenting within reason to see what works best right? Your approach may be completely different but work just as well.
You mean about a tsp of Lemon right? If so, Cool. Thanks.

This is such a good tip! I'm wondering constantly about the state of my ends, like, "why aren't they retaining any moisture??:wallbash:" But the product build-up theory makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Back