Dry Brittle Ends=More Protein?? Confused.

caltron

At my last retouch, my hairdresser said I needed a protein treatment because my ends were very dry, brittle and the comb kept getting caught in my ends. She trimmed about 1-2 inches off too. :(

I am confused about the protein though. I thought if the ends are dry like that, I would need more moisture? I get a few broken off ends when I comb, but for the most part my hair is in tact.

You may need a combination of both; protein to stall breakage & balance porosity then a good deep conditioning treatment to infuse moisture back in.

I only suggest this because when my hair is brittle & remains dry after I've:

* moisturized then sealed
* clarified && moisturized

Doing a protein treatment actual leaves my hair softer immediately & afterwards my hair responds better to my dc.

You may need a combination of both; protein to stall breakage & balance porosity then a good deep conditioning treatment to infuse moisture back in.

I only suggest this because when my hair is brittle & remains dry after I've:

* moisturized then sealed
* clarified && moisturized

Doing a protein treatment actual leaves my hair softer immediately & afterwards my hair responds better to my dc.

I agree with DivineNapps I'm relaxed and I just went through the same thing with my hair. I was getting breakage of about an inch in the sink, everytime in maniplated my hair which was really scaring me. I tried moisturizing/sealing, clariying & DCing. I couldn't understand because my ends were still brittle and popping. Then I finally did a heavy protein treatment with Duo Tex. Thank God for that stuff. It saved my hair. I was on my way to a major setback without it, but now my breakage has almost stopped completely. I'm still working on getting the softness back, but I'll take what I got for now.

Back