Dry Bantu Knots & Holding Spray

Mercie

I put my hair into bantu knots yesterday. I moisturized my hair before I did it but, my hair - especially my new growth feels dry.

Is there anything I can do to fix that for next time?

--------------------------------------------------

Is it okay to use holding spray to keep curls longer?
I've used it in the past but it makes my hair extremely hard so, I stopped using it.

Should I just use a better diff. brand? If so any suggestions on a good one?
The one I have is: http://www.drugstore.com/qxp184722_333181_sespider/motions_at_home/light_hold_working_spritz.htm

What exactly did you want to fix? The dryness?
What product did you use on your natural hair (new growth) that didn't work for you? Whatever it was, try a different product next time and see...I've head good things about Rusk's leave-in....

I'd stay away from hair spay on bantu knots just to keep the style longer. Try it w/o spray first and see how that goes. What's the alcohol %? in the hair spray? Use a setting lotion and see if that holds or non-alcoholic mousse...

I moisturize each section with a little coconut oil before I twist it. I usually twist them at night and put a silk cap over my head before I sleep. I take them down in the morning and they are well moisturized and usually last nicely for a few days!

Back