dressing up your look

inthepink

I'm wondering what tips people may have for dressing up their protective hairstyles. The only things I can think of are:

*cute earrings
*maintained eyebrows
*cute glasses

Any more ideas? Not sure if this is considered off-topic but wearing my hair back all of the time, I feel a little plain
sleep8.gif
and wonder what I can do to jazz myself up a bit. Make-up tips as well as hair adornment suggestions are all welcome....anything...anything! You guys are so creative, I know there are lots of ideas out there!
notworthy.gif

I typically wear a french roll
frown.gif
... because my hair is too short for a bun (just beginning to creep over my shoulders in the back)... if I want to dress it up ... I add some hair chopsticks ... barrettes (nice adult looking ones) or a hair pick...some kind of accessory. Today I had butterfly/dragonfly (not sure which is it) barrette (silver butterfly shape in marcacite with purple instead of black stone) on my roll... I got a few compliments on it.

Lately, I have been browsing ebay looking for new accessories... I also tend to keep an eye out for new barrettes and clips (hair friendly of course).

i think all protective styles are very classy elegant styles. if your hair is healthy and shiny these styles always look good. i usually wear different hats, glasses, earrings, well any accessory pretty much. but i don't think that the protective styles are plain. it really depends on how confident you are with it:) if you already think, oh my i look boring with this same ole bun, then people will look at you and see exactly how you feel. but when you feel confident it's a whole different story.

nay

Well i normally wear my hair in a bun but i just switch up the positions...one day it'll be hugh, the next day at the nape of my neck, another day to the side. HTH

I came across this when surfing a site posted by Katrine under a thread entittled "Where to buy nice hair accessories". I hope it works out for you.
smile.gif

I think adding a rinse to your hair will jazz it up. Rinses are very good for your hair. they are cheap ($8 for a bottle of jazzing) and you can do it at home.

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl,

Great HOW-TO guide! I'll have to try that! Looks like a nice protective style, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!

Back