Dressing up a bun??

Babygurl

I have been doin the bun challenge since August 1st and I must admit Im gettin bored with it....I have tried to dress it up a million ways but its still too plain for my liking.
Any ladies wear buns/ponytails and have suggestions to keep me from getting bored with it? Thanks ahead of time!

What about hairsticks? Have you tried those? ...very cute and trendy
smile.gif

Okay, please share the ways you have tried. That way I can learn from you experience too.
wink.gif

Bun challenge styles

1. Twist and coil type bun.
2. Donut for classic bun, Chignon
3. Chop sticks w/bun
4. banana clips in my *modified bun (wide spaced coil bun)
5. Decorative French twist side combs for ornaments w/bun
6. Plastic and leather pony tail holder that come w/plastic or wood stick for modified bun #2 ( widely coiled bun...then push sides together and held in place by holder.) can be decorated w/o chopsticks or single long butterfly stick.
7. #6 done using claw instead of pony tail holder.

I use scrunches for my Chignon type bun only the other buns I just twist and coil.

I hope modified bun # 2 makes sense...I don't know what the proper name for it.

HTH!

The ways I have already tried are hair sticks, scruchies, flowers, pretty hair pins, claw clips, the stretchy hair thingy
laugh.gif
(couldnt find a beeter way to describe it, but it stretches and clip on the back of your head. Thats about all Ive tried...ill try a few off those suggestions and hopfully I can tolerate this bun thing a little longer.

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
Okay, please share the ways you have tried. That way I can learn from you experience too.
wink.gif

Bun challenge styles

1. Twist and coil type bun.
2. Donut for classic bun, Chignon
3. Chop sticks w/bun
4. banana clips in my *modified bun (wide spaced coil bun)
5. Decorative French twist side combs for ornaments w/bun
6. Plastic and leather pony tail holder that come w/plastic or wood stick for modified bun #2 ( widely coiled bun...then push sides together and held in place by holder.) can be decorated w/o chopsticks or single long butterfly stick.
7. #6 done using claw instead of pony tail holder.

I use scrunches for my Chignon type bun only the other buns I just twist and coil.

I hope modified bun # 2 makes sense...I don't know what the proper name for it.

HTH!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops! I was calling a the long decorative clip I use banana clips but I just saw a banana clip a few minutes ago and it's not the same. The one I'm talking about is something similar to those long silver duck bill clips that stylist use. The ones that I have a lot of are plastic and have a cone shape to them. They're sold at places like "Claire's" and the sister store called "After Thoughts"("AT"). "AT" has a larger selection of more dresser hair accessories. If I find a picture I'll post it here.

Alright, I found out there are 2 types of banana accessories. Here is the type I have.

Not to confuse with this kind.

I also have some metal ones that my sister sent me. Beware, make sure the inner edges are coated and not sharp. 1 of the 2 my sister sent me is sharp.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
Rhinestone Bun cage. I wore mine today and everyone was doing a double take.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that? It sounds pretty.

Bodicea, where'd you get it. They had some here at burlington but the were all a cheap plastic and looked like they would break easy.

This is a rhinestone bun cage: http://www.dressytresses.com/store/acces...imageField.y=56

Min looks like that but with a different flower in the middle. It's actually pretty sturdy. The pin has to be bent. It's best not to do it yourself. Just slide it in and let it bend in the shape of your head. Because it is a rounded pin, it goes in easily but you MUST move the hair out of the way while pushing it through the other side lest you rip your hair. Just slide the hair around the pin with your thumbnail.
smile.gif

I was in Target yesterday and Goody is really starting to make some cute things. I saw something called a loop twisty. It looks like this.
http://goody.com/goody/consumer/jhtml/pr...nceSearch.jhtml
I may buy it because the different styles you can create are so pretty. There was also a pin called a “screw pin” I think. It looks like a flat screw if you can imagine it and in the center it’s embellished with a colored stone. To insert the pin you turn clockwise and to take it out, turn counter clockwise. It was so cute.

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
I was in Target yesterday and Goody is really starting to make some cute things. I saw something called a loop twisty. It looks like this.
http://goody.com/goody/consumer/jhtml/pr...nceSearch.jhtml
I may buy it because the different styles you can create are so pretty. There was also a pin called a “screw pin” I think. It looks like a flat screw if you can imagine it and in the center it’s embellished with a colored stone. To insert the pin you turn clockwise and to take it out, turn counter clockwise. It was so cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that is too cute. Here's the finished style and instructions for use:
http://loopytwister.com/hairstyle5.htm

Isn't it cute? I'm a little confused about how to get the hair in those little loops and then tighten it though. I guess I'll practice with it once I buy it and post some pics.

Back