Drawstring, Pinned or Comb attached Phony Pony, which is better?

Blessedhairgro

Hello Ladies!!
I'm going to buy a few phony ponies (1 straight & 1 curly) so I can baggie my ends and give my hair a rest and stretch my relaxer a little longer, but the thing is I've never used one before so can some of you who use them let me know which are easier to use and easier on your hair, those that are pinned in, have the drawstring or the comb attachment. I am actually leaning toward the comb attachment but please let me know your experiences with them. I want to go to Sally's later today to get one so your expertise is greatly appreciated :).
Thanks ladies!!

Last edited:
The two that I own have the drawstring and combs. However, I removed the combs and just use the drawstring. My reasoning for doing that was because someone in another post suggested it, saying that the comb could be damaging to your hair. HTH

I have used all variations. I like to get the track hair to pin in myself cause I can control how much hair I am putting in to achieve the look I want but after awhile, the pins start to feel uncomfortable. The drawstring ones are the easiest to put in but sometimes they seem so bulky. Using hair pins to pin it down helps a little. Those have a comb on them too. The only one I have that just has a comb attached is a small bun one. I like that one if I want to make a quick bun. A down side to those is that you have to make sure you get one big enough to fit all your hair under it. Especially if you plan on doing the baggie thing. HTH

I used the ones with combs a couple of times, and it broke my hair off a lot!!!!!! I was so sad when I took the phony pony out and saw my hair breaking off and falling to the floor :( .

I use the drawstring ones. I buy the kiddie ones and they are not as bulky and fake looking because they have a little less hair on them. They aren't heavy and pulling on the hair either. They have a drawstring and a clip. I remove the clip and just secure with the drawstring and a few pins for security. HTH.

Oh, I think the kiddie ones are made by Freetress

Back