Dr. Collado's Relaxer on pelobonito.com

sistawithsumthin said:
Has anyone tried this or the other relaxer on there by Jael? It says it is formulated for your hair to go back to it's natural state.

Any reviews? I'm tempted but I would rather hear from someone here first. TIA!

http://www.pelobonito.com/store/index.php?cPath=66_79

I ahve been using the Jael since December and love it. Its not a bone straight perm but its not a texlax either. It leaves my 4a,b hair looking like 3a after 20 mins. Prior to this i had been using the childrens organics perm which was no lye. It left me dried out.
Hopefully some others will have some exp to share about these perms also.

eajaye2u said:
I ahve been using the Jael since December and love it. Its not a bone straight perm but its not a texlax either. It leaves my 4a,b hair looking like 3a after 20 mins. Prior to this i had been using the childrens organics perm which was no lye. It left me dried out.
Hopefully some others will have some exp to share about these perms also.

Thank you for responding so quickly.:)

Does it work just like it says? Does your hair go back to it's natural state or at least somewhat?

Do you have to retouch just the newgrowth or all over?

Also do you have any color? If so what kind?

Sorry so many questions you seem to be the only person using a Dominican relaxer.

Thank you!

Anyone else?

sistawithsumthin said:
Thank you for responding so quickly.:)

Does it work just like it says? Does your hair go back to it's natural state or at least somewhat?

Do you have to retouch just the newgrowth or all over?

Also do you have any color? If so what kind?

Sorry so many questions you seem to be the only person using a Dominican relaxer.

Thank you!

Anyone else?

It behaves like any other lye relaxer as far as i can tell. I apply only to the new growth. And am currently using indigo and henna to cover my greys. The hair is very soft after the i nuetralize but that maybe from my process. I apply chi silk infusium to dry hair before the relaxer and after rinse out I apply salerm 21 for 4 mins and then nuetralize. But the hair has nice slip afterwards. I picked this perm becuase it said ont he label that i was a level 1 perm which i took to mean very mild. I hope yuu like it as much as i do if you like it.:)

How long do you go between touchups?

Part of the reason I went natural was to not to have put in a relaxer so much. I love my texture now just not the work that goes along with maintaining it.

I'm debating this. Not sure what to do. But I sure do appreciate your comments!:D

Curently just 8 weeks and really trying to go longer just havent master the art yet. In my gut I really believe that this is a relaxer just a extremely mild one. I enjoy the texture and if i want it straight i just flat iron it or set on rollers. When you compare the ingredients list to those on other relaxers, its like half the number of items and thats what really sold me. At my first application i mixed JBCO in it to slow it down becuase I had not used lye in 8 or 9 years. But now that i feel comfortable with it i dont do that any more.

sistawithsumthin said:
What is JBCO? I saw that somewhere before not sure what it is.

Again thanks so much for responding.

Jamaican black castor oil

Also, a relaxer is a relaxer is a relaxer. I don't understand how this one could help your hair retain its "natural state".:confused: The only way to go natural after relaxing is to grow the relaxer out. Depending on the amount of time you let it process, though, you can choose texturize your hair (but this can be done with any lye or no-lye relaxer).

preciousjewel76 said:
Jamaican black castor oil

Also, a relaxer is a relaxer is a relaxer. I don't understand how this one could help your hair retain its "natural state".:confused: The only way to go natural after relaxing is to grow the relaxer out. Depending on the amount of time you let it process, though, you can choose texturize your hair (but this can be done with any lye or no-lye relaxer).

I am going by what is stated on the details for the product. It doesn't give any more details than that. I don't even see the ingredients listed so that is part of the reason I was asking because I know some have been using coconut milk and lime to pull out some of the curl but it wasn't permanent.

I would love to smooth out some of the curl I just don't want to be permanent just in case when I touch up I don't have several different textures.

Plus my hair doesn't take long to relax so I don't want come up out the bowl with straight hair.

I tried coconut milk and lime but it made my hair hard and stiff. I got a sample of henna from hennaforhair or mehandi ??? so I am going to do a test and see how that works.

Any more comments???

IMO if you want to stay natural then you rob dont want to use the JAEL. But- you may want to revisit the lime and coconut once more. My cousin did it with a 50/50 mix, like a pre-poo. Left it on under the plasic cap for hours. Then after she rinse out-did a nice moisturizing DC with heat. She used ojon restorative but I'm sure any good conditioner would work. She had tremendous slip and put some of the Pantene Liso straightening creme on wet hair then blow it dry. That stuff was pretty. Last her until she wash it out. Even held up during a softball game. She hasnt relaxed in a year. And didnt BC and is not planning on it. Please be careful with the henna and read all the threads (recent ones). It can be drying depending on yur mix and procedure. We are with you whatever you deceide to do. HTH

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You don't know how much you have helped!

I am going to do just what you said. I'll let you know with pics!

Okay the pics look crazy. It doesn't look bad in person though.

I mixed coconut milk, lime juice (lots out the jar), honey, and Lekair cholesterol. I left it on only about ten minutes and washed with Deep M 'n T and the kept the Deep conditioner on.

This time it actually did make it softer and looks okay but the pics don't. I may get up the nerve to post them.

I have realized what I am frustrated with is the length. The top part that is longer and "hangs" I love! The rest is just sitting there laughing at me. :lol:

So I am off to get a sew-in weave and then braids all summer.

Thanks for helping off the ledge!

YAAAAY! Sista i am glad you didnt give in to the evil of perming LOL I wish i had the guts to natural. I am sure it looks wonderful! And you are happy and thats all that matters. :grin::grin:

Back