Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Cleanser, condish Rinse and Creme (WEN equivalent?)

Noir

Hey gals...

I recently came across the the new Dr. Bronner's (maker of Bronner's castle soap) Organic Shikakai Cleanser, Organic Shikakai Conditioning Rinse and Organic Leave-In Conditioning Crème .. and well, I likey what I see! :love:

I tried to do a search but I didn't find much info... Only the posts discussing the regular Dr. Bronner's castle soap.

Sooo... Just wondering if any of you lovely ladies had tried these products :drunk: and if so how they worked for you?

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SD0602/OrganicShikakaiSpearmintPeppermintBodySoap.htm (the title says body soap but in the decrip. it states that it is for body and hair)

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SD0801.htm -

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/SD0701/CitrusConditioningHairRinse.htm

Re: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Cleanser, condish Rinse and Creme (WEN equivalent?

Here is the info from the site

Organic Shikakai Soap (ingredient list for the peppermint... there are 5 other types)
shi1.jpg

DESCRIPTION:
Certified by the same National Organic Program that certifies food, our pump soaps are smooth and luxurious with no synthetic detergents or preservatives. Organic Shikakai comes from the seed pods of the small South Asian tree Acadia Concinna and has been used for millennia in India as a gentle conditioning cleanser for both skin and hair. We extract the Shikakai in organic sugar and grape juice and combine with Dr. Bronner's unsurpassed castile soap base for rich emollient lather and moisturizing afterfeel. Sold in 24 oz. bottle.

INGREDIENTS:
Organic Acacia Concinna (Shikakai) Extract, Organic Sucrose*, Organic Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Juice, Saponified Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Organic Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vit. E), (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

Citrus Conditioning Hair Rinse

shi2.jpg

DESCRIPTION:
Our organic conditioning rinse is nourishing and effective without synthetic ingredients, and is certified by the same National Organic Program that certifies organic food. The USDA logo is your guarantee of organic integrity. Organic Shikakai [“Shee-kah-kye”] powder comes from the seed pods of the small South Asian tree Acacia Concinna, and is widely used in India for soft shiny hair. Organic lemon juice, used traditionally in the west, rinses and tightens hair shafts for excellent manageability. Organic coconut, olive and hemp fatty acids moisturize for luxuriant hair.

INGREDIENTS:
Organic Acacia Concinna (Shikakai) Extract, Organic Citrus Limon (Lemon) Juice, Organic Coconut Acid*, Organic Olive Acid*, Organic Hemp Acid, Potassium Citrate (made with Organic Lemon Juice), Organic Glycerin, Organic Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Tocopherol (Vit. E), (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

Hair Conditioner & Style Creme (ingredient list for the lavender... there is peppermint one also)
shi3.jpg

DESCRIPTION:
Certified by the same National Organic program that certifies organic food, our conditioning & styling crème provides light styling hold while making hair silky soft without any synthetic ingredients. Organic virgin coconut oil makes hair shiny & luxurious, organic jojoba oil imparts excellent manageability and feel, while the organic hemp oil moisturizes and softens hair.

INGREDIENTS:
Aqua, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Ethanol, Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol (Vit. E), (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

Re: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Cleanser, condish Rinse and Creme (WEN equivalent?

I saw that awhile ago online. If I see it in a store I might try it. Then again, I'm not trying to get any new products. It does look promising though.

Sounds interesting. Please post a review if you use it. :yep:

Yea I was considering it but now looking over the ingredients it looks as if its just regular castle soap mixed with shikakai :ohwell:

It looks really good, I have seen other shampoos that just add in Shakaki in it, but it looks really interesting.

Hair Conditioner & Style Creme (ingredient list for the lavender... there is peppermint one also)
shi3.jpg

DESCRIPTION:
Certified by the same National Organic program that certifies organic food, our conditioning & styling crème provides light styling hold while making hair silky soft without any synthetic ingredients. Organic virgin coconut oil makes hair shiny & luxurious, organic jojoba oil imparts excellent manageability and feel, while the organic hemp oil moisturizes and softens hair.

INGREDIENTS:
Aqua, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Organic Ethanol :blush:, Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol (Vit. E), (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

Do they mean the stuff some cars run on? This can't be good :nono:

"Ethanol, also called ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, or drinking alcohol, is a volatile, flammable, colorless liquid. It is a psychoactive drug, best known as the type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages and in thermometers. In common usage, it is often referred to simply as alcohol."
From wikipedia: Looks like they are trying to get away with saying this is good because its organic :lachen:

that's wicked :nono:

Last edited:

LOL, ethanol is SUGAR (grain alcohol); usually derived from cane sugar. Organic ethanol is usually derived from sugar beets. It is Organic because the plants/crops are grown without pesticides.

Sugar can also be used as alternative bio-fuel... it's not harmful, its just well, sugar.

Last edited:

I use dr bronner peppermint castille soap for poo i think i might try this though :yep:

this looks pretty good....i may try this

I bought the cleanser with lavender EO and is was very stripping. I have not found the conditioning rinse or leave in. I will try diluting the cleanser next time.

Any updates? I saw this in target yesterday.

has any one seen this in a bss or drugstore?

I have tried the shikaki hair soap and no likey. I have the condish but have not tried as a Wen sub.

The hair soap left my hair hard and matted.

Actually. Now that I think about it, I've seen this in the natural foods store near me. I'm going to check Friday.If they have it I will get it. This its a wrap on all this hair stuff. Enough is enough.

I use this and I really like it. I like to apply one section at a time and then leave in for a little bit while doing other things in the shower before rinsing. Once rinsed, I condition, DC and then twist my hair. For me, my hair is clean and strong feeling but not stripped. I bought mine at Target, the bottle is huge and I don't see any reason to cease using.

:spinning:thanks for posting this ,I hope vitimin shoppe sells this:spinning:

I have tried the shikaki hair soap and no likey. I have the condish but have not tried as a Wen sub.

The hair soap left my hair hard and matted.

OK, I just tried this tonight. The hair soap left my hard frizzy and matted as well. :ohwell: However, it was very strange bc even though it was more matted, I didn't lose as much hair as I normally do on wash day. Anywho, I did a braid-out and we'll see how the final results come out...

I did a review on this not too long ago:

http://newlynatural.com/blog/?p=111

Doesn't look like I'll be using this after I finish this bottle as my local wholefoods store has stopped selling it.

Girl, THANKS! :yep:I will try and add 4 capfuls to 1 cup of water and see how that does bc the 1-2 capfuls laughed at my hair. They said to repeat if you have hard water (which I do), and I repeated the process, but my hair had no slip like it said it was supposed to have. :perplexed Next time I will try adding more in the dilution, bu it's not an every wash day thing for me. Maybe I will do every other wash day.

Again, I will see how my braidout comes out and go from there-

I saw this on the clearance shelves everywhere.

I think it may be junk.........:nono:

Back