Dove conditioners- are they really all that?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I need a thick conditioner. I was using Nature's Gate Jojoba conditioner, but it contains too many alcohols and I think it's drying out my hair. I used to use Motions, but I need more in a bottle. DDTA is discontinued, so, I am looking into Dove. Is it thick? Does it give great slip? For those who don't use Dove, what's the best over the counter conditioner that gives great slip and is thick?

I'm going back to Dove once I run out of DDTA. I only switched to DDTA cuz it was $.75 versus Dove @ $3/bottle. I think there was a red envelope rave thread about it last year but I can't find it

I just started using Aura cherry almond bark conditioner (I checked out babyblu's album and she recommends it). It has a thick consistency. It worked out fine for me.

I love Dove! It has great slip and moisture. It is not as thick as my usual Tressemme, but I go back and forth between them.

Suave Daily Moisture. Thick and instantly softens and lightly detangles my hair before the comb even touches it. I found it @ Walmart.

My hair doesn't like any of the Dove products. :(

I couldn't figure out what was making my scalp tingle & burn?? :confused: It was the Dove sample conditioners that I've been using. :nono:

I just think that there is something in the conditioner that I have a allergic reaction to.

Quite a few months ago when I belonged to a tester's panel, I received a full size of Dove Shampoo and conditioner to test out. I never used it b/c I was going to the salon every week and now that I have been doing my own hair for the past 3 months, I've been using other stuff. I still have the entire bottles so I will try it and report back with a review.

sugaplum said:
My hair doesn't like any of the Dove products. :(

I couldn't figure out what was making my scalp tingle & burn?? :confused: It was the Dove sample conditioners that I've been using. :nono:

I just think that there is something in the conditioner that I have a allergic reaction to.

the stupid fragrance does it....i love the conditioner...tried the shampoo and thought i could tuff out the burn from the stuff but i cant...it felt like i had a bad case of invisible hives for the rest of the nite (i wash in the shower) and i have burn patches on my neck which could have been caused by the old formula of surge...but i'm not using either to be safe...

if u r allergic to fragrances normally...run from dove:perplexed

I purchased a travel size bottle of dove for a buck and the first time I used it my hair was very soft and easy to detangle, and I love the smell of it. The third time I used it is when I noticed my hair became tangled I'm not sure if dove conditioners contain cones, but to remedy this you would probably need to clarify. Other than that I may just switch from using my staple paul mitchell supercharged in replace with dove conditioners.....maybe :scratchch or maybe I'll just switch them up every now and then (I don't know if I love it thaat much now)

I use Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner. :love: :love: :love: love it. I use it for my conditioner washes, as a moisturizer after my protein treatments, and as a leave-in on occasion. To me it is thicker than DDTA and not as difficult to wash completely out. But not as thick as Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm ( I :love: :love: :love: that one even more ).

I don't use it all the time because in Chicago at Walmart a bottle is $3 plus dollars for a 12 ounce bottle. I try to catch sales between K-Mart, Walmart, Target, CVS and other stores.

How to describe what it does :scratchch :scratchch :scratchch ERRTING !!!
For me just what the bottle describes. It puts moisture back in may hair. It doesn't dry it out after daily uses. It doesn't weight my hair down. It smells great !!! It doesn't tangle my hair at all. It leaves my hair soft. If you want to try it purchase the travel/trial size bottle. At least you will save your pennies if you don't like.

I purchased two 25-ounce Dove Moisture Milk Shampoo and two 25-ounce Dove Moisture Milk conditioner, one 10-ounce Intense Moisture Conditoner and Shape & Definition Control Mousse on EBay for $25 with shipping ( Dove Moisture Milk doesn't seem to be available in the states..so wazup wit dat :scratchch ). The directions for use are written in Japanese for the Moisture Milk products. The shampoo was stripping to my hair :ohwell: so....I do what most of us do when that happens. I added Olive oil. Now its the bomb :grin: . If anyone is interested in the results of the Moisture Milk Conditioner let me know. I intend to try it out next week.

As for the other Dove hair products, Smooth and Soft Anti-Frizz Creme, the rest of the Instense Moisture line, Beautifully Clean Shampoo, the rest of the Volume line, Rich Color line, Shape and Definition Control...and the rest of their stuff, I have tried as of yet. I went to the Dove site and found that they will send you free samples. Check it out at dove.com. Click on "Your Hair". On the right side of the page they talk about offers and free samples.

that crap sucked...too heavy so it seemed like it sat on top of my hair and left a film when I rinsed it out

Back