Double Conditioning...does anyone else do this?

Jade Feria

When conditioning my hair, I tend to use a primary conditioner for the effect I want (protein/reconstructive, moisture), let it sit in my hair, then detangle while rinsing out. After that I do a conditioner 'rinse', usually with a cheapie moisturizing con.

Then afterwards I might use a little bit of leave-in like Giovanni Direct or now, HE LTR.

Is this too much? My hair can get dry sometimes. For that reason I co-wash often.

wow, freaky! I was just thinking about doing this! i do not feel like shampoo-ing, but feel like my hair needs some deep conditioning. I'd love to hear the tribunal's feedback as well :) :yep:

I do a quick rinse after deep conditioning like 98% of the time. I always use some sort of moisturizing and detangling conditioner.

I do that all the time. Not sure if its too much, but my hair loves it. I have curly hair and it gets dry easily so their can never be too much conditioner.

Yes, I do this once a week. I do a V05 moisturizing hot oil DC, then I use a cholesterol conditioner and then i co wash with V05 starwberry & cream.

I use Motions leave in triple action moisturizer seal with EVOO and coconut oil.
My hair gets dry too because of my hijab and i def need to cowash twice per week and DC more often

Last edited:
I don't think it's too much at all. In fact, I'm planning to do almost the same thing to my hair tomorrow.

It's been 3 weeks since my hair has gotten any attention...I know, I know...I plan to use Motions CPR Protein Treatment for aboout 10 minutes, then follow with my most moisturizing VO5 conditioner. After rinsing, I may add a bit of Giovanni Direct Leave-in, then airdry.

I usually don't do this much to my hair on a regular basis, though...

I do this all the time and my hair loves it.

Last edited:
I do this too and lately my hair is sooooooo happy. I use a cheapie or oils, then poo, then DC with Silk elements. :drool: SE is da bidness. :love:

I've done this for years. I find it works very well for my hair and keeps it from dryness...tho I'm not normally dry anyway...it's a just in case. i use multiproducts to do it. It's a great way to use up stuff you want to get rid of too.

I also overnight condition.

I do this all the time, although I will admit its not because of the extra conditioning effects. It's actually because my main DC is HSR and it smells like old lady, so I'd rather my hair didn't smell like that for the rest of the day. I rinse with a cheapie for the scent. So I pick nice smelling cheepies. I like the scent of HH so I rinse with that.

I do. Sometimes. I only double condition on my protein days and when I am using Aphogee. I have to f/u aphogee with a moisturizing conditioner. But if I use Alter Ego, AO GPB. I dont double.:look:

What I do is use my specific protein or moisturizing conditioner..... then allow that to sit.. rinse out with water, then slather on the cheapie VO5 to detangle.... then do a quick rinse...Like super quick b/c I use conditioner as a leave in.

I do this but I leave in the moisturizing conditioner in all night after sitting under a heating cap (for approx. 30/mins.).

This is exactly what I do! I've noticed that if I don't do this my hair comes out dryer and becomes tangled after too long. When I "double condition" my hair stays tangle free unless I mess with it (which doesn't include moisturizing it and putting it into buns)!

The last time i did that my hair started breaking. i did Apohgee 2 min and then le kair cholesteral for moisture. i guess my hair broke because of two different types of protien on my hair, even though i always rinse well

This is exactly what I do! I've noticed that if I don't do this my hair comes out dryer and becomes tangled after too long. When I "double condition" my hair stays tangle free unless I mess with it (which doesn't include moisturizing it and putting it into buns)!
That's exactly how it is with me! I thought I was abnormal, lol

Back