Doo Gro/ washing twice a week..questions

keeshesfromindy

I got some Doo Gro triple strength and i'm wondering if it really works, anyone try it? I have some concerns about the Petrolatum, is this the same as Petroleum? I only bought it because my niece's mom bought some for her and she said it really worked on her edges. I also talked to my hairdresser about washing my hair twice a week, I asked her did she think it helped, she said no. I wanted to know, because I usually end up with poofy hair at the end no matter what I do. I guess I do not use enough heat on my hair. I told her sometimes I sweat a lot when I workout and I wanted to get the sweat out(the sweat caused my hair to break off and this is not happening again). So what I should? I don't put too much heat on my hair when I do use it because my hair isw finally growing back, and it's very thick and I do not want to damage it. Braids do not work for me, because I experience breakage. My hair is not long enough for a bun.

Kee-
I workout a lot too. I do conditioning washes several times a week to get the sweat out. I only use shampoo once a week. I have tried the Doo Gro tingling shampoo. I really like it. I use it every other wash on the weekends.

If you want your hair to grow, I think you want to stay away from petroleum products. Have you checked out Surge, great results and they are a sponcer , check out the web site.

When in Doubt Try a Braid out!!!! Ive only tired the Oil that they sell. But it did nothing for my hair. My hair doesnt like oil alone.

yeah, I have tried surge, got a little scared. I like the #9 oil that they have. It seems great for my hair. I will give the Doo Gro a chance.
Keeshes

<font color="purple">Keeshes, thanx for telling me about Surge selling at ABC BS. I finally got mine. But as far as petroleum or Vaseline in this product you're talking about is concerned, I agree with everyone. You want hair to grow right, and make it healthy and long. Try what the prior post noted; braid outs or twist outs will work, even if your hair isn't long enough for buns. And if you're still scared about using Surge Revitalizing 14 on your hair, give it another shot, but this time use their oil right after spraying for added moisture. Let me know if this will help you. Thanx again, Keeshes. Toodles </font>

I think petroleum/petrolatum products are fine for your hair, but not good for your scalp because they colg the pores, and don't allow moisture to get in. I stopped using grease on my scalp a long time ago, and my scalp is fine. As far as the surge, it makes my scalp itch if I overdo it. So, just follow the directions, and you should be fine. How about using the Doo gro spray? This is similar to surge in that you spray it onto your scalp. It's been 2 or 3 years since I used it, but I don't think it had any bad ingredients in it. HTH!

Thanks for all the tips, i will keep you update.
laugh.gif

Keeshes

Back