(Donut Bun) Pic Heavy!!!

chelseatiara

So ive been on here almost a year and havent made not one thread about my hair! I must have forgotten that I didnt have to lurk anymore lol but anyhoo i finally decided to done one so here is how i do my donut bun (first time i have done one since high school) on relaxed, dyed, flat-ironed, 10 weeks Apl hair

my tools (my wooden brush cost a dollar!!), my donut used 2 thick church socks and one thin one
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

silky silky shine with my wooden brush :)
picture.php

my ponytail (ignore the ends..)
picture.php

picture.php

my bun!!!!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

last pic ( :'( bald spot from relaxer at bottom left) didnt feel like tucking the ends with bobby pins...
picture.php

Last edited:
when i was relaxed i would always wonder how ppl got perfect chignon buns and mine always looked so wack...i didnt realize you need to stuff it w/ something for shape lol i just used to put in a pony and stick my finger in the middle and try to fold the hair over and pin it or put a ponytail holder over it...it was pitiful...yours is nice though lol

when i was relaxed i would always wonder how ppl got perfect chignon buns and mine always looked so wack...i didnt realize you need to stuff it w/ something for shape lol ...
:lol: I never knew about the "doughnut stuffer" either until I learned about it here. :)

Nice bun, Babanabunneh! :yep:

This is so cute! I haven't done this type of bun in a while. Now you make me want to do it again! :yep:

Nice. The donut bun has been my signature style for months now. I jazz it up by putting it the side. :look: :lol: I'm bored, so I need flowers or some other adornments. Thanks for sharing. I like to see lurkers come out.

nice and neat. great job! i had so much trouble with those when i was relaxed. my ends would always fuzz out without fail :lol:

when i was relaxed i would always wonder how ppl got perfect chignon buns and mine always looked so wack...i didnt realize you need to stuff it w/ something for shape lol i just used to put in a pony and stick my finger in the middle and try to fold the hair over and pin it or put a ponytail holder over it...it was pitiful...yours is nice though lol

LoL. I use to think the same thing. In fact, I didn't learn about the donut until this year. I immediately went and bought a donut. Thanks LHCF!!

I like your bun, how do you make the socks like that? I only had a donut bun done by a stylist and that was years ago with extension hair

here is a great tutorial on how to make sock buns!

YouTube - How to make a Sock Bun

phyl73 a church sock is a man's thick sock that goes halfway up his calf

Google Image Result for http://churchsocks.com/images/socks_mainimage.jpg
mine was like that one in the middle but a little thicker with designs lol

thanks all you guys for the support!!!

Back