Don't worry about the discontinued DDTA,

AllAboutTheHair

it has the EXACT same ingredients as Daily Renewal's 5X and Patene's Hydrating Curls. Proctor & Gamble have done it to us again. Check out the ingredients for Daily Renewal 5X:

Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cyopentasiloxane, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimetylamine, glutamic acid, dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, fragrance, EDTA, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

now for our well praised DDTA:

Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cyopentasiloxane, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimetylamine, glutamic acid, dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, fragrance, EDTA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

add a pinch of salt to your daily renewal, VOILA, Daily Defense's Tender Apple.

Last edited:
isn't it weird that one ingredient, i.e. salt, can make that big of a difference? I am perplexed by it all. It seems that the salt would dry the hair more. Chemistry wasn't my fav. subject anyway. :)

We need to scope the ingredients on all P&G products we may just find our DDTA RENAMED!!

LABETT said:
I have tried the Daily Renewal 5x and it made my hair hard as rock but I am stocked up on DDTA.

Yep! Same happened to me. I even got quite a bit of breakage from the 5X. It went straight to the trash.

Good looking out!! I have some bottles of DDTA,but since I have discovered Revlon's Aquamarine Condish, I may have to lay it to the side.

I tried the Daily Renewal twice since I bought it this past weekend....

No luck for me, doesn't soften my hair much at all :-( I'm tossing it.

I don't know about your area, but my Wal-Mart doesn't have any DDTA OR Daily Renewal 5X. AND Patene's Hydrating Curls has been updated with amino acids!! L-lysine is one of them. I got a small bottle just to try it out.

Then Pantene HC works for my hair. Even the new formula with the amino acids.

I used it b4 the DDTA came out. But since I can't find it anymore, I went back to PHC.

Haven't tried R5X, but if it is as cheap as DDTA, then I will try it.

Back