Don't want to waste anymore money!! so 4B ladies what strength to get?

atlien

Don\'t want to waste anymore money!! so 4B ladies what strength to get?

Those who use Affirm (lye) that have that resistant hair texture what strength is best to get mild or regular? I heard a lot of ladies saying mild was good no matter what the hair type but I am skeptical /images/graemlins/confused.gif my hair has been so resistant lately to Fiberguard I am switching to Affirm but I don't want to waste any more money /images/graemlins/nono.gif. I am broke as a joke! /images/graemlins/frown.gif So I am taking it to the boards 4B and resistants please help me out.

Thanks

Re: Don\'t want to waste anymore money!! so 4B ladies what strength to get?

Can someone answer me booohoooo /images/graemlins/cry3.gif I wanted to go to Sheldeez and buy it right now before I buy something else. I need some advice /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

I'm 4b and would love to help ya, but i only use Revlon Pro Relaxer (lye). I say if you go with Revlon Pro, to get the regular. Hope you get more replies about the Affirm /images/graemlins/wink.gif HTH -- jainygirl

Thanx Jainygirl /images/graemlins/grin.gif I heard Revlon was good /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif...might try that one. Okay you say regular....

The last idiotic stylist straightened instead of texturizeing my new growth with Affirm mild lye and my hair is pretty resistant, but it had to be left on for long while. I'm switching to regular strength Affirm on my next touch-up, that way i don't have to leave it on as long, because i burn easiily.

Thanx Den 1 /images/graemlins/grin.gif glad you answered I was about to pm you and bug you /images/graemlins/poke.gif...Okay I am getting regular.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanx Den 1 /images/graemlins/grin.gif glad you answered I was about to pm you and bug you /images/graemlins/poke.gif...Okay I am getting regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome, IMHO Fiberguard didn't process my hair properly, it is a lot weaker than the original Affirm. Good luck!!!

I have 4b resistant hair and Fibreguard does nothing for, Affirm regular just about straightens it, but I sometimes have to leave it in a little longer to make sure it does the job. I think it should be ok, especially if you don't want to overprocess your hair.

Re: Don\'t want to waste anymore money!! so 4B ladies what strength to

I have 4b hair too and when I used affirm, my stylist used mild and that straightened my hair just fine.

If you like your hair bone straight, its NOT happening with Affirm regular lye...I'm a witness /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif. I've applied it twice, leaving it on as long as I dared and it just relaxed the curl. 2 weeks later I looked like I needed another relaxer. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have 4a/b..some of the time it feels like 10a/b...lol but I use mild for 13 mins and it was straight enough...lol. If you leave it in for 25 minutes and smooth it it should be straight....
Edited to ask...how straight do you want it? It left mine 75% straight. Guess I should ask that before I suggest mild...lol.

I used both Revon and Affirm, and I think you should go with the Revlon.

i relaxed my mom's hair with mild and it got her hair straight enough, but i left in for a long time, maybe 40-50 minutes and hair wasnt bone straight.

i wonder if anyone has tried affirm's time release strength, and how that works since regular doesnt seem to be that great either.

I consider my hair pretty resistant and I'm using the mild. The first time I used it, I didn't really leave it on long enough (cuz I was burning like crazy - very sensitive scalp). This past weekend, I based really, really super good and was able to leave it on much longer and even go through the entire smoothing process (about 25 minutes). It came out perfect for me.

[ QUOTE ]
I have 4a/b..some of the time it feels like 10a/b...lol but I use mild for 13 mins and it was straight enough...lol. If you leave it in for 25 minutes and smooth it it should be straight....
Edited to ask... how straight do you want it ? It left mine 75% straight. Guess I should ask that before I suggest mild...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want it to be straight, no lumps! I haven't seen my hair straight in about 6 months /images/graemlins/mad.gif I just don't understand what has been going on with the texture of my hair gosh mi osh.

So regular a no no /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edited to ask... how straight do you want it ? It left mine 75% straight. Guess I should ask that before I suggest mild...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want it to be straight, no lumps! I haven't seen my hair straight in about 6 months /images/graemlins/mad.gif I just don't understand what has been going on with the texture of my hair gosh mi osh.

So regular a no no /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hoppin back in here for a sec. If you do decide on the Revlon...your hair will get super straight. I have to work fast with smoothing so that my hair doesnt end up "limp". just a little info for ya /images/graemlins/smile.gif -- jainygirl

I'm 4b very coarse. I've been using Fiberguard, but am thinking about switching to something else. My hair is not shiny or silky unless I put heat in it. When I used to use Soft and Beautiful in the box, I could just wrap my hair and wouldn't have to use heat afterwards.

I don't know ladies. I went and did a touch up texturizer with Revlon Realistic SUPER. Do you know that my hair didn't straighten at all, I left it on for more than the 25 minutes reccommended time because I was making sure that I didn't overlap, and my hair didn't even overelax (which is good by the way, I was super scared).

I don't know what's going on with my hair anymore. The super texturized my hair I guess my hair is superwoman now!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know ladies. I went and did a touch up texturizer with Revlon Realistic SUPER. Do you know that my hair didn't straighten at all, I left it on for more than the 25 minutes reccommended time because I was making sure that I didn't overlap, and my hair didn't even overelax (which is good by the way, I was super scared).

I don't know what's going on with my hair anymore. The super texturized my hair I guess my hair is superwoman now!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should move down to a Regular and use that. I've always been suspicious that the Super formula relaxers are weaker than the Regular (to allow you to leave it on your hair longer without causing scalp burns). That's my little conspiracy theory /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I used the regular before that, same thing, no luck. Crazy I tell ya!

I use Affirm Regular but I spike it with olive oil. If I don't it burns the cr** of my hair. I have very sensitive scalp and fine hair that's resistant to relaxing. I loved the regular the way I use it(spiked with a tablespoon of olive oil).

[ QUOTE ]
I used the regular before that, same thing, no luck. Crazy I tell ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe its your application technique, do you apply it quickly, on every strand and do you smooth it?

I apply it quickly, and then I go through the smoothing process. I don't leave it on too long. My whole process was 45 minutes. 20 minutes more than the reccomended time. I thought I was going to be overprocessed, but it didn't do much at all.

Back