Don't Feel Bad

krissyhair

Don't feel bad about what you so to your hair, or manipulation from styling.

Our fairer skinned sisters of the human family dye their hair blonde every 6 weeks, shampoo it every day (or load it in dry shampoo), blow dry it straight, then eithet flat iron or curl it to get those celebrity waves, then cover it in holding spray...every day.

That is so much compared to re-twisting nightly, a weekly rollerset, or cowashing and diffusing every other day.

I totally get where you're coming from. I don't manipulate my hair everyday but I also don't protective style the way the board swears by. I wear my hair out in either a wash and go or braidout and my hair is growing just fine. It's healthy and thriving. As long as you give it what you need to I think our hair can withstand more than we think.

I totally get where you're coming from. I don't manipulate my hair everyday but I also don't protective style the way the board swears by. I wear my hair out in either a wash and go or braidout and my hair is growing just fine. It's healthy and thriving. As long as you give it what you need to I think our hair can withstand more than we think.
Lately I want to wear my curls, but they get matted after a few days. So I just detangle everyday. Still have my hair.

I'm a very low manipulation girl. I wear braids under a wig (weekly wash and braid) or I get my hair blown out for a few weeks at a time. I could probably do more with my hair, but I just don't have the time/energy.

Don't feel bad about what you so to your hair, or manipulation from styling.

Our fairer skinned sisters of the human family dye their hair blonde every 6 weeks, shampoo it every day (or load it in dry shampoo), blow dry it straight, then eithet flat iron or curl it to get those celebrity waves, then cover it in holding spray...every day.

That is so much compared to re-twisting nightly, a weekly rollerset, or cowashing and diffusing every other day.

This is why I don't understand articles and people commenting on black women "working so hard for hair" and the "dangers of chemicals in black salons". People who talk and write articles like that seem like they know nothing about women of other ethnicities, especially white women :lol:

Back