Dominican's can't even get my roots super straight :( need advice

kgard7777

I am 7 mths post except for the very front of my hair and I went to the Dominicans today. I walked out with poofy roots looking a hot mess :( I was told I need a relaxer.. I am 4a on top and 3c in the back and unless I wear my hair in a wet bun transitioning is not my friend and the straight look is not going to happen without a relaxer.

Any advice from transitioners should I give up and get the relaxer ?:perplexed
I love the straight look every blue moon....

Last edited:
Do NOT get a texturizer LOL LOL if you're transitioning whats the point of fuggin up all your progress?

Have you tried straightening serums? Maxiglide? have you tried washing and wearing yuor hair pulled back in one tight bun and then flat ironing the next day? this is what I as doing because the roots will already be somewhat flattened and the flat iron will smash out all hopes of the roots puffinup.

PS - don't be discouraged. Hop over to the transitioners support forum if you need a pickmeup! :)

PS2 - maxiglide makes my roots super smooth..... i'm just sayin...

Dont even put any chemicals in your hair. I was able to achieve silky straigthness with just a flat iron and heat protectant on my natural 4b hair. Check out my fotki!

hmm.... thats strange!

I'm almost 11 months post. I'm from 3b in the nape.....to 3c in the middle and maybe 4a in front. MY signature transitioning style is to comb it back while its wet in a pony tail and i put a curly phony pony on.

When i straighten i apply a cream straightener, blow dry it straight with the comb attachment first, and then use my jilbere (ceramic) flat iron. My roots are AMAZINGLY straight...as straight as when i was relaxed. It even got drizzled on yesterday and still didnt frizz. Granted this is more heat then most like to use but this is something i only do maybe once every couple of months ad it still hasnt cause any damage to my natural NG.

Back