Dominican Salons for Natural Hair

Lanna Cannon

I go to a Dominican Salon in the south. I am going natural (almost 100% natural now), and they roller set, blow out, and flat iron. Does anyone know whether them doing that will damage my hair in the long run? It looks AWESOME now! It's thick, straight, and shiny like I have always wanted. But I don't want damage because I had damage when my they did those things to my relaxed hair. Now that it's natural, do I have to worry about the damage??

Of course it will cause damage in the future. The stress of the blow outs plus the high temperatures to flat iron will cause damage if you are doing it too often.

all that stress on your hair is damaging. esp if you are going in getting a blow out every week i noticed just from every 3 weeks or so my hair to me was getting noticeably thinner.... its not worth it overall.. i feel like for a once in a while deal...but hey some ladies have super thick hair..lucky :sad:

Same here Q,

My hair became noticeably thinner...I could never have the hair I have now if I kept going to the DR salons.

Back