Dominican Products... I need your help please

Lotus

OK I wanna try the Dominican conditoners & rinses. I'm getting ready to submit payment.. but I dont know if I'm leaving out anything or getting to much.

Ya'll help a sista out... pretty please w/new growth on top :D

Shopping cart-

Nacidit Avocado Rinse: rinse- moisturize & detangle
Nacidit Olive Oil Rinse: rinse- moisturize & detangle
Star Lacio Lacio: leave in- shine, detangle, soften new growth
Crom Emergencia Hair Treatment: protien treatment
Miss Key Super Conditioner 10 en 1: moisture & protien (new growth)
Rivas Silicon Mix Capilar Treatment: moisture (good for new growth)

I have tried all of those except for the avocado rinse. I would recommend them all. The Emergencia is great for damaged tresses. I really love and there is nothing like Silicon Mix for new growth. I think you will really be pleased with your choices.:)

I have tried all of those except for the avocado rinse. I would recommend them all. The Emergencia is great for damaged tresses. I really love it and there is nothing like Silicon Mix for new growth. I think you will really be pleased with your choices.:)

Thanks. Payment submitted.

So based on what I've read, I should...

Wash-
Rinse/Dantangle-
Nacidit Avocado Rinse: rinse- moisturize & detangle
Nacidit Olive Oil Rinse: rinse- moisturize & detangle
Deep Condition-
Miss Key Super Conditioner 10 en 1
Condition/Treat-
Crom Emergencia Hair Treatment
Rivas Silicon Mix Capilar Treatment
Leave in-
Lacio Lacio

Is Miss Keys too strong to be used weekly?

Should I alternate the Emergencia and Silicon or mix them together? It seems like they are both used during the same step in the wash process.

Last edited:
I dont think Miss Keys is too strong to use every week. My hair is recovering from damage so when I described my hair to JenniferMD at roundbrush.com she told me that I should do Emergencia twice a month (every other wash). If your hair isn't that damaged maybe you could do Emergencia once a month and then alternate between Silicon Mix and Miss Keys. I don't really like mixing conditioners but maybe some other folks can give some insight on mixing.:)

amina kamal said:
I dont think Miss Keys is too strong to use every week. My hair is recovering from damage so when I described my hair to JenniferMD at roundbrush.com she told me that I should do Emergencia twice a month (every other wash). If your hair isn't that damaged maybe you could do Emergencia once a month and then alternate between Silicon Mix and Miss Keys. I don't really like mixing conditioners but maybe some other folks can give some insight on mixing.:)

OK Thanks!

:eek: I didnt know roundbrush was JenniferMD's *Jennifer from the board, right?* site. Shoot! I should'da ordered from her. I'll know next time.:(

Hi! Your start-up list sounds great.

I have the Silicon and Emergencia and the Lacio Lacio. I use the Sole & Cinnamon Rinse. I'm going to order the Silicon Poo and Capilo Avocado for a strictly moisturizing condish. I've used the products for the past 3 weeks and I've DC'd with heat mixing the Silicon and Emergencia together and it's come out fabulous. I've used the products every week and after the treatment I put in Tresemme Remoisturize conditioner for a few minutes to make sure I keep my moisture balance. I can't help but want to use them everytime I wash because of how great my hair feels and looks, even the Emergencia, my hair has thickened up before my eyes using this. I hope I'm making it ok by using the Remoisturize afterwards.

Which site did you order from. I am in DC and there are not that many stores that sell various Dominican products so i usually have to order on line.

Lotus said:
OK Thanks!

:eek: I didnt know roundbrush was JenniferMD's *Jennifer from the board, right?* site. Shoot! I should'da ordered from her. I'll know next time.:(

The 10 en 1 is the best DC ever!!!!. I use it weekly, I love it. It always leaves my hair silky and soft

SvelteVelvet said:
Hi! Your start-up list sounds great.

I have the Silicon and Emergencia and the Lacio Lacio. I use the Sole & Cinnamon Rinse. I'm going to order the Silicon Poo and Capilo Avocado for a strictly moisturizing condish. I've used the products for the past 3 weeks and I've DC'd with heat mixing the Silicon and Emergencia together and it's come out fabulous. I've used the products every week and after the treatment I put in Tresemme Remoisturize conditioner for a few minutes to make sure I keep my moisture balance. I can't help but want to use them everytime I wash because of how great my hair feels and looks, even the Emergencia, my hair has thickened up before my eyes using this. I hope I'm making it ok by using the Remoisturize afterwards.

:eek: WHAAAAAAT!!!!- *screaming, bouncing & doin' a happy dance in my chair* You got thicker hair? I pray it has the same affect on me.

Do you DC weekly?

T-remoisturize, What's dat?

Reslnt1 said:
Which site did you order from. I am in DC and there are not that many stores that sell various Dominican products so i usually have to order on line.

Anky's site- http://cabello.vze.com/
JenniferMD's site- http://www.roundbrushhair.com/
http://www.bluebeez.com/index.php
http://www.ibeautyny.com/
http://www.hairjojo.com/index.html
http://www.metrobeauty.com/
http://www.pelobonito.com/store/index.php
http://store.sickbay.biz/
http://www.shopdr.com/store/home.php

@vivacious1083- Okay, I'll follow up.

Last edited:
Lotus said:
:eek: WHAAAAAAT!!!!- *screaming, bouncing & doin' a happy dance in my chair* You got thicker hair? I pray it has the same affect on me.

Do you DC weekly?

T-remoisturize, What's dat?

Yeah, random people have also complimented me on how my hair seems to have gotten noticeably thicker and asked me what I use. The Emergencia contains collagen so that could be a reason. I also rollerset but I flat iron the roots and wrap it overnight when I do but the overall feel and look of my hair has changed in the 3 weeks I've used this stuff.

Tresemme Remoisturize is a conditioner, you can find it everywhere that sells Tresemme, I got a big bottle for $4 from Walgreens. It's a conditioner that focuses on moisture. I bought it for conditioner washes being that I do co-washes when I need moisture and it's great, it provides great slip & moisture, smells great too. It's come in handy after using these treatments every week, making sure I have a good balance of moisture & protein. I also have their Anti-breakage shampoo and conditioner, I love them for products that focus on things like that, and you get so much for your buck.

ETA-Yes I DC weekly, and once in a while in the middle of the week I'll do a co-wash and when I do, I heat up ORS Mayo and apply it to dry hair and let it sit in a cap before washing it out and doing the co-wash. But I definately DC weekly regardless. I can't wait to take a new progress pic, I'm not taking another until 7/21 or around then when I get my touch-up but I'm excited I feel it's already come a long way from my avi and I believe these Dom products have played a big part.

Last edited:
Lotus said:
Well my products came in. I'm bout to have some fun :lol:

Your gonna be in love!

Yesterday I finally ordered a few other products I've been wanting to try. Silicon Mix Shampoo & Leave-In to go with the conditioner/treatment, I just love the smell! I also ordered Capilo Whale Sperm Rinse and their Avocado & Carrot DC. I want to switch up from the Silicon and Emergencia use every week to every other week. These new prods will help me alternate.

Let us know how you like the stuff!

SvelteVelvet said:
Your gonna be in love!

Yesterday I finally ordered a few other products I've been wanting to try. Silicon Mix Shampoo & Leave-In to go with the conditioner/treatment, I just love the smell! I also ordered Capilo Whale Sperm Rinse and their Avocado & Carrot DC. I want to switch up from the Silicon and Emergencia use every week to every other week. These new prods will help me alternate.

Let us know how you like the stuff!

Girl you aint neva' lied. Im kickin' myself for waiting soooo long to try these products.

Why do you wanna switch up? Just to try something different? Do these products become less effective w/use.. build up or something?

Lotus said:
Girl you aint neva' lied. Im kickin' myself for waiting soooo long to try these products.

Why do you wanna switch up? Just to try something different? Do these products become less effective w/use.. build up or something?

I don't think so, I mean I've only been using them for a month but I don't think so. I just want to alternate because I understand the Silicon Mix and Emergencia to be treatments that contain proteins and strengtheners, and though they also have moisturizing properties (my hair is always soft afterwords) I just get afraid of too much of a good thing so I'm thinking ahead, but they've definately made a difference and they'll be staples for sure. I also needed a DC that concentrated more on moisture than protien and that Capilo Avocado & Carrot seems like it'll be a nice basic DC, and I've experienced how good Avocado can be for the hair and wanted a ready made product that incorporated it. But aside from that, I'm just a product junkie!..lol :lachen: All these DR products was like a veil lifted into a secret world of hair care and I'm just soo sucked in. I wish I could try everything...I probably will eventually :sekret:

Last week I flat ironed w/CHI so I washed w/Elucene MB then AVC rinsed. I wanted to make sure I had removed product build up + I have hard water. Then...

I rinsed w/Nacidit Avocado Rinse. Now I dont know if this has cones in it or what... but I felt my hair melt well I guess I should say soften- immediately. I noticed I was standing in the shower with a big ol' smile on my face... feeling quite stupied so detangled my ends w/my fingers and rinsed it out. Then...

I opened the Emergencia. :eek: Aint nobody tell me it looked like shyte.:lol: So Im standing there looking at this tub of goop *thinking 'girl you've put MTG and coochie cream on your head... stop trippin'* and dove in. I applied it to my head *resisting the urge to add honey & oil to it* bagged then got under the dryer for about 20mins. I rinsed, then combed w/shower comb *wanted to see how it'd do w/out my beloved tangle wrangler* and I lost 1 hair. Yep, read that right...1 and I'm 19weeks post. I'm sooo happy right now :D I could kiss each and every LHCF member :kisses: *and I'm not even the affectionate type* :lol:

Right now I have my coconut/lime mixture and silicon mix on my head. *I couldnt resist the urge to mix something* :D So I cant give a fair review on that. But... I will CO wash sometime this week then use silicon mix (only) and follow up w/a review.

Last edited:
SvelteVelvet said:
I don't think so, I mean I've only been using them for a month but I don't think so. I just want to alternate because I understand the Silicon Mix and Emergencia to be treatments that contain proteins and strengtheners, and though they also have moisturizing properties (my hair is always soft afterwords) I just get afraid of too much of a good thing so I'm thinking ahead, but they've definately made a difference and they'll be staples for sure. I also needed a DC that concentrated more on moisture than protien and that Capilo Avocado & Carrot seems like it'll be a nice basic DC, and I've experienced how good Avocado can be for the hair and wanted a ready made product that incorporated it. But aside from that, I'm just a product junkie!..lol :lachen: All these DR products was like a veil lifted into a secret world of hair care and I'm just soo sucked in. I wish I could try everything...I probably will eventually :sekret:

:lachen:@ bold. I feel ya. *I'll probably end up doing the same thing* I just posted a review and I feel like pinchin' myself... it's almost too good to be true. Like I'ma wake up and all my hair is going to be on my pillow in the morning. Rio anyone????

:sekret: Capilo Avocado & Carrot you say? :look:

Lotus said:
Last week I flat ironed w/CHI so I washed w/Elucene MB then AVC rinsed. I wanted to make sure I had removed product build up + I have hard water. Then...

I rinsed w/Nacidit Avocado Rinse. Now I dont know if this has cones in it or what... but I felt my hair melt well I guess I should say soften- immediately. I noticed I was standing in the shower with a big ol' smile on my face... feeling quite stupied so detangled my ends w/my fingers and rinsed it out. Then...

I opened the Emergencia. :eek: Aint nobody tell me it look like shyte.:lol: So Im standing there looking at this tub of goop *thinking 'girl you've put MTG and coochie cream on your head... stop trippin'* and dove in. I applied it to my head *resisting the urge to add honey & oil to it* bagged then got under the dryer for about 20mins. I rinsed, then combed w/shower comb *wanted to see how it'd do w/out my beloved tangle wrangler* and I lost 1 hair. Yep, read that right...1 and I'm 19weeks post. I'm sooo happy right now :D I could kiss each and every LHCF member :kisses: *and I'm not even the affectionate type* :lol:

Right now I have my coconut/lime mixture and silicon mix on my head. *I couldnt resist the urge to mix something* :D So I cant give a fair review on that. But... I will CO wash sometime this week then use silicon mix (only) and follow up w/a review.

When I use this, my daughter always says Mommy are you putting peanut butter on your hair?? :lol: It does look like baby poop. :)

slimm said:
I must be doing something wrong because I tried the silicon mix an my hair felt like straw

Hummm... IDK- These products have cones. Does your hair like cones? If so, *and you havent done so already* try to clarify beifre you use them again.

SvelteVelvet said:
All these DR products was like a veil lifted into a secret world of hair care and I'm just soo sucked in. I wish I could try everything...I probably will eventually :sekret:

I feel the same way!!! Me and my friend were talking about how great these products/salons are and only if we knew sooner...

I've only tried Silicon Mix and Lacio Lacio, but I'm dying to get my hands on some Nacidit rinses and Emergencia!! I keep my silicon on the pj shelf until my ng gets a bit out of control, then its on :D

Back