Dominican products for naturals

angroca

I'm really interested in trying this products. Will they work for natural hair? If so what do you recommend? I've only tried Emergencia long time ago and I loved it but I lost contact with the person who sold them so I'll probably buy from sickbay which is amazingly cheap. I also tried something made with wheat germ which the lady insisted on me trying. It was some type of cream and she said to use it instead of gel. That was amazing for wash and gos but sadly I don't remember the brand.:ohwell: Do you use emergencia as a regular condish or as deep condish. Any gentle shampoo? What is the consistency of Salerm leave in? I need one that is thick.

Thank you ladies!!!

Last edited:
I don't know if its for natural hair, because my hair is relaxed and my stylist suggestion that I used it every two weeks because my hair is so badly damage, I go to the salon and they put it in my hair and charge an extra $15.00 for it. I don't know if that's good or not, but afterwards my hair is very soft and since I have a short style it makes my curls look real nice!
Also I think its good because my hair doesn't itch or smell after a usage unlike other products!

Here's the thing - Domincan products are no different than any other products. What'si mportant is the ingredients that they use - lots of avocado oils, hair keratin amino acids, methylparaben and propylparaben (some say parabens are bad, some say they are good - the truth is no one knows).

There are other products out there that work just as well as domincan products and aren't as difficult to find. I live on the west coast so finding dominicans, let alone the stuff they use in their hair is IMPOSSIBLE.

I've been natural for about 2 years and have found that with natural hair, my hair craves two things: moisture and moisture.

Conditioners I've tried while natural:
Formulas by Ecoly - Sage Weightless Conditioner - yuck. Did nothing for me.
Herbal Essences - Hello Hydration. Surprisingly, my hair loves the mess and it detangles easily in the shower.
Rusk - Calming Conditioner - great as a leave in, not so great as THE conditioner.
DevaCurl - One Condition - what I'm using now. The verdict is still out.
DevaCurl - No Poo - what I"m using now. The verdict is still out.
Nexxus - Humectress - to thick for my hair and not worth the price.
Pure Organix - Coconut Milk conditioner - worthless.

What's made the biggest difference in my natural hair? NO SHAMPOO. I stopped using it. Think about it - why do we have this notion that lather = cleanliness?? My curl pattern has improved (more curl, less frizz) and remains moist since I kicked shampoo from my regimen.

Back