Dominican hair salon question???

kking7777

I live in the Chicago area and today I went to visit the Dominican salon. I just asked a few questions about the style I plan to get this weekend. The stylist told me something interesting and I wanted to know if you ladies heard this before. She said that if I were to get the roller set and then blow dry, my hair would come out bouncier. Why is this and is it true??? I thought just the blow out would be fine.

The roots are straighter and the hair is also dryer because the moisture has been fried out by the blowdryer.

I tend to agree although I don't like the double wammy drying thing. The rollars will build in the volume first. Personally I find boucy hair is also achieved from them with a rollarset and a wrap which after letting down the hair is just as good.

For me, blowdrying makes my hair too flat, even after a rollarset.

Yes, the rollerset gets the roots straight but the magic is in the blowdry. They usually use:

a very hot blow dryer + a round brush + spinning wrist action=which gives you hair that is really, really straight (like you just got a relaxer).

I was eight weeks post relaxer when I had this done and my hair was bouncing.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Which Dominican salon in Chicago. I've been looking for one with no luck. Is it the one on the west side?

@chichi...IS THAT JON B. ? I AM LIKE A HUGE FAN....I AM CHEESIN RIGHT NOW ABOUT TO GO GET MY COOL RELAX CD....

I agree w/ BRH...I like the rolleret/blow out combo initially, but its too straight to wrap it at nite and when I do, the next am, the bump is gone from my ends. I like to vary it to avoid the extra heat and just rollerset and wrap. This retains some of the curls and volume too...

I'd get the rollerset. You'll avoid the use of all that heat and the pulling and tugging of that damn round brush! I think this is what the Dominican specialize in. If you were going to get the regular blowout you mind as well go the to traditional Egyptian salons in Chicago such as Yehia's and Ossama's! Personally they dont take care of the hair good enough for me at the salons without tacking on the extra costs! Good luck and let us know how it turns out! Let me know if your stylist is the bomb and what his' her name is !

Back