dominican blowout...

naturaline

to those of you who have had this done-

1. is it possible to do it yourself?
2. if yes how do you do it?
3. what are the best products to use for it?

P.S. im natural, can i still do it?
i have pics of my blow out in my album but my blowout isnt that straight its more fluffy/bouncy LOL.

TIA!:D

not sure about how it would work on natural hair---you may have to flat iron or blow dry it or something (??) but yep--you can do it yourself.

*Dee* has an how-too in her album.

Look up sosochic. I'm not sure if she has photos, but she is a long-haired natural who gets beautiful Dominican blowouts.

I've wondered about doing my own as well, but decided it would be quite difficult to get good results on my own.

I can do them on other people really well. I can't get the brush technique down for my own head of hair:(

My hair is natural and I go to a Dominican salon to get my own hair done.

naturaline said:
to those of you who have had this done-

1. is it possible to do it yourself?
2. if yes how do you do it?
3. what are the best products to use for it?

P.S. im natural, can i still do it?
i have pics of my blow out in my album but my blowout isnt that straight its more fluffy/bouncy LOL.

TIA!:D
After reading about blowouts since being on the boards and seeing instructions then FINALLY seeing it done properly, I can truly say I can emulate a blowout. I'm pretty dexturous and can do the back of my head with no problems. However, I don't think I can work that round brush, but the initial denman they use to straighten:

D4_thumb.jpg
I can work with that. I just need the proper products and tools.

One of their main products (the one they use just before the hot blowdryer) is called:
Alter Ego Fluid Shine Solution "Cristalli Liquidi
yhst-2926993581959_1890_1813619

I've been wanting to it buy off Sickbay since my first blowout a year and a half ago. It's expensive: $28.

I believe JenniferMD posted step-by-step blowout instructions. Also, Webby has some in her fotki that are helpful.

hth
~op~

Yes, it can be done. One of my friends is dominican and she does her own blowouts all of the time. She does a really good job too.

I do mine 2x per week. It's the only drying / styling method I use. ('til I start airdrying when it gets warmer.)

Once you get the hang of it it's a MUCH smoother result than blowdrying only. Use heat protectant, though.

aileenadq said:
I do mine 2x per week. It's the only drying / styling method I use. ('til I start airdrying when it gets warmer.)

Once you get the hang of it it's a MUCH smoother result than blowdrying only. Use heat protectant, though.
how do you do your blowouts...

tia

Back