Dominican Blowout Frequency

pinayprincess

Hey Ladies!

I just had my very first blowout and my hair really does look incredible! I am due to get Japanese Straightening/TR/Straight Perm in August, so I'm doing blowouts in the meantime!

My question is, how frequent can I do blowouts without suffering from heavy damage from all that heat?

Also, how often should I deep condition to maintain optimal moisture in my hair?

Thanks!

~PinayP

ETA: I'm an inch above waistlength and natural.

Bumping this; I've been struggling as well with the question of how often one can have a Dominican blowout without risking excessive damage.

Also, what are recommended ways to minimize damage from the blowout?

Bumping this; I've been struggling as well with the question of how often one can have a Dominican blowout without risking excessive damage.

Also, what are recommended ways to minimize damage from the blowout?

I used to get mine done one a week, BUT ONLY THE ROOTS. I didn't stop for any particular reason, other than I hate sitting in the salon under the dryer in the spring/summer:lachen:. My hair never broke off or suffered any damage.

I used to get mine done one a week, BUT ONLY THE ROOTS. I didn't stop for any particular reason, other than I hate sitting in the salon under the dryer in the spring/summer:lachen:. My hair never broke off or suffered any damage.
Same here. I would go to the dominicans and get my roots blown out once a week and I didnt see any damage from it. Now I only get my roots blown out when I am like 5 weeks post relaxer and later

Back