Dominican blowout experience and pics

blessed

I went to the dominican salon yesterday I came out with mixed emotions about the whole experience. I have been going to these type of salons for about a year and a half and have always like the end results but not really the heat on my scalp. Anyway my stylist was trying to convince me to get a perm because she said I had to much new growth and that I would no longer be able to get blowouts because they really don't deal with my texture of hair. I was very disappointed and almost gave in and stopped my journey for natural hair. But I told her that am trying something new and that I would just have take care of my hair on my own.

Your hair looks great! So exactly what is it about your hair that she couldn't "deal with"? Seems like she dealt with it pretty well.

I'm glad you stood up for what you want. That decision is yours to make. You have a ways to go in your journey (so do I), but that is why it is called a journey. And if you find that dealing with your natural hair is too much, you can always change your mind. I'm just saying that you won't know unless you try. (cliché, cliché... :dork: )

And your hair looks great!

your hair looks great ...they tried to tell me the same thing you need a perm...i am natural wash my hair once a week and maxiglide and i get the same results from when they did it with less heat

kinchen said:
your hair looks great ...they tried to tell me the same thing you need a perm...i am natural wash my hair once a week and maxiglide and i get the same results from when they did it with less heat
I am glad you understand, because thats what I meant when I said I will take care of my hair on my own. Because I can do the same thing at home but sometimes I get lazy. :smirk:

Your blowout looks great! I'm glad you stuck to your guns about not putting in a chemical. No one should have to feel ashamed of their hair texture because of the stylists' incompetence...

blessed said:
Anyway my stylist was trying to convince me to get a perm because she said I had to much new growth and that I would no longer be able to get blowouts because they really don't deal with my texture of hair.

See that's why I hate dealing with stylists, she wants you to get a perm to make the job that you are paying her for easier. That's like a moving company telling you to only pack stuff that's not heavy.

Folks are a trip.

blessed said:
I went to the dominican salon yesterday I came out with mixed emotions about the whole experience. I have been going to these type of salons for about a year and a half and have always like the end results but not really the heat on my scalp. Anyway my stylist was trying to convince me to get a perm because she said I had to much new growth and that I would no longer be able to get blowouts because they really don't deal with my texture of hair. I was very disappointed and almost gave in and stopped my journey for natural hair. But I told her that am trying something new and that I would just have take care of my hair on my own.

Girrl...I have a staight-up kinky bush on my head. Long and super thick too, and they blowdry it with no problem. The trick is to use a PADDLE brush with medium heat. Forget about the rollerset and blowdry with a round brush. My hair gets as straight as a press with this method.

Your hair looks great, good for you for not giving in to what someone else thinks is best for your hair...

Back