Domincan products: Hype or Helpful

webby

Think Slim
I'm just curious what we all think of dominican products.
I admit that I'm just a PJ, but lately, I have found that my dominican products are losing the pizazz that they once had. I'm just not at impressed with the results anymore than I am with the Nexxus line.

Right now, I say that Dom products are hype (but I'm reserving the right to change my mind at any given time /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

I was in love with them when first tried them, and now it's just the same ol' to me too. I think your hair can get used to stuff, once it has enough, and products will no longer have the effect they first had. It could also be terminal PJism - perhaps, you are headed for an OD LOL

For the record though - I still love my Dominican products - I'll probably never go back to American conditioners. I am still amazed that such a small and simple amount of ingredients can make such a big difference.

I am not sure, but I am also not a good person to judge since I have only purchased 2 dominican conditioners. I was pleased with both.

[ QUOTE ]
AudraChanell said:
I am not sure, but I am also not a good person to judge since I have only purchased 2 dominican conditioners. I was pleased with both.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which ones did you purchase? Do tell. /images/graemlins/poke.gif

*lol* I purchased Capilo Honey & Milk and Lafier Honey & Almond off Sickbay. I also order several other products assoc. w/Dominican salons, but they are not Dominican product lines.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
AudraChanell said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Which ones did you purchase? Do tell. /images/graemlins/poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the conditioners are helpful for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif They are like cholesterol conditioners with a kick. The Rysell Coconut is in a class by itself. /images/graemlins/love.gif

I have one dominican conditioner that I can only get when I go home (Bronx), that I absolutely love. It's super mosturizing and strengthening, although not very thick in texture.

Anyway, since I am a stone cold PJ, I never stick to any single product line or type... just what works for me. IMHO I personally believe that following an entire single product line doesn't allow you to maximize the use of all the other wonderful products out there. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Before I start sounding like I am in need of hair product rehab, I'll just say it's what you make it. It's not the product that needs all the hyping. True, some products are better than others, but the real magic is in your own hands and care. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have several dominican conditioner and they seem to moisturize my hair better than some of my salon conditioners.
I have my favorites and some that was just ok on my hair but still better than Redken Smooth Down conditioner. /images/graemlins/down.gif

I actually have begun to use less and less Dominican products since coming to this board (still go to a Dominican shop though for my hair). My staples (Keracare, NTM) now are things I didn't even think about using until I got hair and now my hair is in love with them.

I still believe in Cinnamon and Rosemary mixed oil though...I ain't stoppin dat.

They are fantasic for me. /images/graemlins/clap.gif I bought 2 more earlier today, hopefully I'll love them too.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Most of the conditioners are helpful for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif They are like cholesterol conditioners with a kick. The Rysell Coconut is in a class by itself. /images/graemlins/love.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're the one buying up all the Rysell Coconut, I've being trying to get that stuff from sickbay for three months now...so stop buying it, so I can get some... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wish! I bought three jars when the first started selling it. I am supposed to be giving one to a crispy haired relative. But now that I see they never have it in stock I'm not so sure... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

DP are definitely helpful. I'm not saying that there are no other good products out there, though. I'd only define them as "hype" if they were no better than Suave or something.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I am supposed to be giving one to a crispy haired relative. But now that I see they never have it in stock I'm not so sure... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Snaps! LOL. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I will admit I like Salerm's poo and conditioner but I wouldn't die if they stopped making it. I would however, pass over and faint if they pulled Salerm's wheat germ mask off the shelves. /images/graemlins/ill.gif

Many of the products are from Spain and Italy. I learned of this from a Dominican stylist. Good call Katie.

My vote is mostly hype. I have long been a believer that a lot of the products that are sold in the US are no more than slightly punched up, overrated cholsterol conditioners. This was certainly true of the Tropical brand and a few others. Often the brands you can't get very easily here tend to be the better ones.

I think the BEST dominican products are those that are mixed by hand using a conditioner, some oils, and other beneficial add ins. The ones you get at actual salons, that they take out of some big bin that smells putrid and no one ever knows what's in them....THOSE are the best Dom. products to me.

Back