Doing something, just to be doing something!

cmw45

Sometimes, usually on the weekends when I have less to do (if I'm watching a movie or T.V.) I find myself doing stuff or wanting to do stuff to my hair even though it probably doesn't need anything done to it. :look:

Because I am aware of this behavior, I usually try to do activites that impact my hair health the least...like...I'll do a DC even if I did one earlier in the week (my hair could always use the extra moisture)...or I'll put tiny braids in it and committ myself to rocking a braid-out for the rest of the week.

*Sighs* The problem is, that I know that this extra manipulation probably isn't great for my hair. :perplexed

I'm thinking that a cure might be more permanent proctective styles like box braids or twists. But even then, I find myself enjoying the heck out of conditioner washes and oiling. :lachen:

Does anyone else find themselves making up stuff to do to their hair when the hair is probably fine and just wants to be left alone?

I am guilty too:lol: I do a lot of things to my hair just to try the tons of products I've been buying. I guess, I just need to stop buying stuff and my hair will thank me.

Last edited:
I have a severe case of this too~ Especially when I look on here and yall start talkin bout different DC'ing methods and etc etc! LOL....For some reason, i just "have" to mess with mine for no apparent reason!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
LocksOfLuV said:
OMG YES! lol!

I just be wanting to just UP and DC for the hell of it.:lol:

Okay so tell me who has a pre-poo in her head and her wash day isn't until Friday.:look: Yes you guessed it your girl LocksOfLuv!:ohwell: I just get too anxious to try new stuff.

Guilty, guilty, guilty!:grin:
I am sitting here typing on the computer with a baggy on my hair ends, even though I just got my hair done yesterday!:look:

I been wearing on my hair out this summer and I keep having my hand all up in it! Not that I even do constructive things with my hair, I comb it way too much :ohwell: .
I have to keep myself in check.

I have this same addiction as well. I love doing things w/ my hair. I want to always wash it but know that I cant w/ this KY water. SO I dry set my hair, try different updos, play in my NG. I always wear tanks around the house so I can wear my hair down and play w/ it....Girl you arent the only one...I want to do something everyday w/ my hair:eek:

i do the same thing. i try different protective styles to see how they would look. even when my hair is clean i will find a reason to wash it just so i can use up my products.

I am guilty of this habit but i plan to break it by getting another. Even if it means more time in the gym or something like that

*Cheers* I'm not alone anymore!:grin:

Right now, I'm watching T.V and resisting putting a DC mix in my hair right now.

Back