Doing my MBB Relaxer :)

soulie

I knew better than to relax tonight. For the last week I have been scratching like there was crack to be found on my scalp. I did my pre-relaxer Nexxus Emergencee treatment last night - so it's wayyyyyyy too soon to relax - especially with the itching. So, I did my night before base tonight with the MBB base. Okay, so I decided to do the Honey Shield to protect the rest of my hair. Protect it from what? I'm not relaxing tonight, remember? Oh well. So I found some gloves, opened the container of relaxer, set the timer on my Blackberry to 20 minutes, and did the Bad Thing. I relaxed.:lachen::lachen::lachen: I did 18 minutes total and rinsed. And rinsed. And rinsed. And rinsed. (Well... you get the idea.) Hmmm, it feels soft. Me likee soft. So I put Nexxus Keraphix on it for 6 minutes - hey, I just got a new Blackberry, so I'm testing the timer on it, right? Okay, rinse out the Keraphix. Apply the neutralizing shampoo. Yes, there is a Pherfecting Conditioner that should be applied before the shampoo, but there is a new bottle of clear Color Showers sitting there -- just going to waste. So, neutralizing shampoo first, then Color Showers, then Pherfecting Conditioner. Okay, I have the sequence down for the rest of the Bad Thing.

So back to the shampoo. Very effective. I got to white suds in 3 shampoos; I left the 2nd lather on for about 4 minutes (no timer -- mustn't take the Blackberry in the shower). Out of the shower again. Color Showers. Hmmm, it's a gel -- good, it'll go on easily. So here I sit under my Pibbs, baking my Color Showers. :yep:

Ladies, I DID NOT BURN. I knew I would burn; I knew I deserved to burn; I anticipated the burn. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Another amazing thing: when I combed out my hair after neutralizing, it was moist and detangled! I didn't lose a single hair!!! No, not one :grin:

I have always been a person who burned with lye, especially if I had a recent scratchfest. I don't know what happened tonight, but so far I LOVE IT!!! More later.

P.S. Bone straight - used Mild/Color Treated

I knew better than to relax tonight. For the last week I have been scratching like there was crack to be found on my scalp. I did my pre-relaxer Nexxus Emergencee treatment last night - so it's wayyyyyyy too soon to relax - especially with the itching. So, I did my night before base tonight with the MBB base. Okay, so I decided to do the Honey Shield to protect the rest of my hair. Protect it from what? I'm not relaxing tonight, remember? Oh well. So I found some gloves, opened the container of relaxer, set the timer on my Blackberry to 20 minutes, and did the Bad Thing. I relaxed.:lachen::lachen::lachen: I did 18 minutes total and rinsed. And rinsed. And rinsed. And rinsed. (Well... you get the idea.) Hmmm, it feels soft. Me likee soft. So I put Nexxus Keraphix on it for 6 minutes - hey, I just got a new Blackberry, so I'm testing the timer on it, right? Okay, rinse out the Keraphix. Apply the neutralizing shampoo. Yes, there is a Pherfecting Conditioner that should be applied before the shampoo, but there is a new bottle of clear Color Showers sitting there -- just going to waste. So, neutralizing shampoo first, then Color Showers, then Pherfecting Conditioner. Okay, I have the sequence down for the rest of the Bad Thing.

So back to the shampoo. Very effective. I got to white suds in 3 shampoos; I left the 2nd lather on for about 4 minutes (no timer -- mustn't take the Blackberry in the shower). Out of the shower again. Color Showers. Hmmm, it's a gel -- good, it'll go on easily. So here I sit under my Pibbs, baking my Color Showers. :yep:

Ladies, I DID NOT BURN. I knew I would burn; I knew I deserved to burn; I anticipated the burn. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Another amazing thing: when I combed out my hair after neutralizing, it was moist and detangled! I didn't lose a single hair!!! No, not one :grin:

I have always been a person who burned with lye, especially if I had a recent scratchfest. I don't know what happened tonight, but so far I LOVE IT!!! More later.

P.S. Bone straight - used Mild/Color Treated

WELL ALRIGHT!!!!

Its very cool that you were able to get bone straight with mild. I tried MBB my last relaxer and not only did I burn...my hair is still texlaxed. You really have me tempted to use that MBB base...do you believe thiss is what helped the most or do you feel the relaxer was just gentle?

Funny... I relaxed with the Butter Blends regular strength tonite. Been using Mizani for almost a year now... never burns. :nono: This time I got a little straighter than I would have liked, but it's cool. :yep:

Thanks soulie. It's good that you got bone straight with mild. I'm still not sure what strength to get, mild or regular as I really don't want to under process.

Great Job! I am thinking about trying this for my next relaxer and compare to Linange an see what's up?

That's what I did. I relaxed last night with MBB Lye Regular (Sorry No Pics)

I had started basing like 3 days so ya'll know I was greasy as a Chitlin':lachen: Because I was terrified of possibly 'burning' and I didn't have that at all with the Linange.:nono:

Also, I did not have the Entire System. But thanks to Soulie, she had pm'd me the Technical Papers from Mizani which I sent to my PC at work so I could "print" the instructions and Improvise what I had to what they Recommended from their System/Line.

So I based with Summit Sensitive Scalp
Applied the Butter Blends
Rinsed for an eternity
Applied Sebastian Penetraitt as my Mid-Step Protein Treatment
Shampoo'd with Isoplus Color Guard. Let the Shampoo sit on twice for about 5 minutes and then the last 'Poo with the Color Guard was a Regualr Poo. (No Pink Suds)
Steamed for an Hour with Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment
Porosity Control for Final Rinse and to prevent "chemical shock"
Fermodyl 619 and Leave In
Dried, Wrapped lightly brushed and applied a little Black & Bossie Scalp Treatment Oil.

No Burning, Hair Came out Nicely. Thanks soule, squbly1908, Aggie, DesiRae for your help through this process and The Ladies in the Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge and Cream Tee for ya'll support. Good Grief Ya'll know I bugged ya'll.:grin:

Last edited:
Thanks soulie. It's good that you got bone straight with mild. I'm still not sure what strength to get, mild or regular as I really don't want to under process.

Cream Tee: To be on the Safe-Side You should probably get the Mild for Fine/Color Treated. I have Dense, Thick, Coarse Hair and the Regular got my Hair "Straight":yep:

Admittedly, much straighter than the Linange Shea Butter Lye.

I thought I was getting the one for Coarse/Resistant Hair, but when they sent it, it was the Regular which worked fine for me. Actually, I'm glad it was!

WHEW! The Coarse might have been too strong even for my hair.:blush: And I would have had: A Situation.:rolleyes:

IMHO: The Regular may overprocess you.:look:

Its very cool that you were able to get bone straight with mild. I tried MBB my last relaxer and not only did I burn...my hair is still texlaxed. You really have me tempted to use that MBB base...do you believe thiss is what helped the most or do you feel the relaxer was just gentle?

The base definitely insulated my scalp from burning - like I said, I had been scratching HORRIBLY and I never even got a tingle. The relaxer might have been gentle too, but I'm giving credit to the base.

I'm a fine/4b. Like I said I did 18 minutes from application to starting to rinse. I could have gone longer but my arm was tired from smoothing :spinning:

Cream Tee: To be on the Safe-Side You should probably get the Mild for Fine/Color Treated. I have Dense, Thick, Coarse Hair and the Regular got my Hair "Straight":yep:

Admittedly, much straighter than the Linange Shea Butter Lye.

I thought I was getting the one for Coarse/Resistant Hair, but when they sent it, it was the Regular which worked fine for me. Actually, I'm glad it was!

WHEW! The Coarse might have been too strong even for my hair.:blush: And I would have had: A Situation.:rolleyes:

IMHO: The Regular may overprocess you.:look:

Thanks, I think you're right!

So wow T you did it - so did you like the results? :)

Thanks, I think you're right!

So wow T you did it - so did you like the results? :)

I Loved the Results!:love: Actually, I think I like the final results better than Linange Shea Butter (Lye).

OR My Skills have improved.:ohwell: Both are "nice"

And I am not using any direct heat at all. So, the Wrap will have to work for me until I get some real growth. But it still looks very pretty "wrapped" & no flat ironing. :look:

It was nice. I found it to be very "Gentle" and I processed right up to the 25 minutes (maybe a minute or 2 longer) and My Hair turned out Great.

Even improvising with my own products instead of having the "System" I am very, very pleased with the results.

And I am an Amateur!:lachen: Hopefully, I will get better and better each time.

But, I couldn't have done it without everybody that Posted in the MBB Threads (thanks again soulie for starting the recent MBB Threads) and the Use 1 Buy 1.:yep:

That's what I did. I relaxed last night with MBB Lye Regular (Sorry No Pics)

I had started basing like 3 days so ya'll know I was greasy as a Chitlin':lachen: Because I was terrified of possibly 'burning' and I didn't have that at all with the Linange.:nono:

Also, I did not have the Entire System. But thanks to Soulie, she had pm'd me the Technical Papers from Mizani which I sent to my PC at work so I could "print" the instructions and Improvise what I had to what they Recommended from their System/Line.

So I based with Summit Sensitive Scalp
Applied the Butter Blends
Rinsed for an eternity
Applied Sebastian Penetraitt as my Mid-Step Protein Treatment
Shampoo'd with Isoplus Color Guard. Let the Shampoo sit on twice for about 5 minutes and then the last 'Poo with the Color Guard was a Regualr Poo. (No Pink Suds)
Steamed for an Hour with Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment
Porosity Control for Final Rinse and to prevent "chemical shock"
Fermodyl 619 and Leave In
Dried, Wrapped lightly brushed and applied a little Black & Bossie Scalp Treatment Oil.

No Burning, Hair Came out Nicely. Thanks soule, squbly1908, Aggie, DesiRae for your help through this process and The Ladies in the Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge and Cream Tee for ya'll support. Good Grief Ya'll know I bugged ya'll.:grin:

Thanks IDTH for the shout out...it maybe a little premature but can u tell the difference between this and the Linange relaxer?

Sorry for hijackin' OP!!!

I like their neutralizing shampoo and the Honey Shield hair protectant, but I hate the Moisturefuse conditioner! That stuff just sits on my hair like crisco. :nono: Doesn't soften the hair the least little bit... works about as good as mud.

Thanks IDTH for the shout out...it maybe a little premature but can u tell the difference between this and the Linange relaxer?

Sorry for hijackin' OP!!!

Girl, Thank You So Much. Honestly, I Couldn't Done it without You and All Your Pointers you Posted in other Threads.

Actually the Linange Made my Hair look/feel a little drier. Still not a bad product.:look:

This looks like I've been to the Salon. And I Did it Myself! YAY !:blush:

I didn't use any direct heat i.e. no flat-iron, curling iron etc... and it is still looks perfect.

I Just Wrapped because I have suffered so much "damage" I try to do as little manipulation as possible.

I was also very pleased with the other products I used, since I did not have the complete "System."

Back