Doing a relaxer switch!!

lovelychar

First off sorry for the long post, but I'm very informative just to get the best response.

I'm no rookie at doing relaxers, I do hair part time in my home or others (not licensed, but have been doing so for over 10 yrs) but I don't switch often either. So any suggestions or recommendations are all welcome.

Background: Previously a Motions girl only do lye (yall all no the benefits of it), but wanted to try something different and to correct my underprocessed areas along my hair shaft that is causing breakage and mad tangles. I heard such great reviews on Affirm, Mizani and Design Essentials, but they are way to costly for just me and I don't relax often. So I decided to go with Olive Oil lye, a super big bottle of the replenishing conditioner (the no-lye comes with the packs), and a olive oil neutralizing poo with conditioners and color code (by Isoplus though, the BSS was out of the Olive Oil brand, plus the Olive Oil brand didn't even have the added conditioners, it was just a plain ol neutralizing poo like any other)

Just like its listed on the relax sticky is how I have always applied relaxers and plan to do the protein conditioning step 2 whick is conditioning for a few min before neutralizing with the replenishing cond. Do it again after neutralizing and follow up with a moisturizing cond. Probably Silk elements moisturizing hair mask.

I want to correct these underprocessed areas but not over process the already processed areas

Tips on how to do this are welcomed. And any users of this relaxer and their results are definietly welcomed

Last edited:
I used ORS lye the last time I relaxed and my hair was left underprocessed even the conditioning didnt smooth it out, went to do a corrective with it and added some conditioner nothing happened. It is possible to correct your underprocessed area just leave it for an extra 5 mins.

I used ORS lye the last time I relaxed and my hair was left underprocessed even the conditioning didnt smooth it out, went to do a corrective with it and added some conditioner nothing happened. It is possible to correct your underprocessed area just leave it for an extra 5 mins.

Thanks KathyMay, but you say the conditioner didn't smooth it out? What do you mean by that? I am using the conditioner on my already processed areas of my hair (not in the conditioner) as a buffer so they wont get over processed. Conditioner is not a relaxing agent so it wont smooth it out if I'm understanding you correctly.

How long after the first process did you do the corrective process?

Was this conditioner added to the relaxer or your hair?

On average how strong or weak would you rate this relaxer compared to other relaxers?
TIA

Back