Does your Steamer do this too?

Misstacie

I bought a stand steamer from SalonsRUs about 3 months ago I've used it about 5 times. I like the results, but I don't think it's working correctly. It makes a loud gurgling noise, and the steam output does not seem constant. I also don't like that the heating element runs across the back inside the bonnet - like an exposed curling iron. Once I was leaning on it, since my hair is thick and somewhat long,so I didn't realize it. It was sitting on top of it for a long time, that can't be good.

Anywho, is the gurgling normal?

When I go to the hairsalon and get a steam treatment I always here the gurgling sound. The steam for the most part is consistent but there are times when it seems as though there is less steam coming out. I think that the gurgling sound and steam inconsistency is normal, and I've been under a lot of different steamers might I add. :grin:
I just received my $119 SalonsRUs steamer today so I will keep you posted on how it's been working out!

Last edited:
You know this came right on time. I am having some problems with my steamer too and I got it from the same place. I dont have the noise problem, I am having trouble with the output of steam. When I first got it I remember wiping my head from all the moisture now I dont have to do that. I actually dont feel the steam on my left side. I called the company and Marc told me that they have never had a problem with that steamer but for me to send it in since it was still under warranty.

My problem is that I live in Guam and they wont ship it back to me. They will send it to my mom and then I have to wait for her to ship it to me. So I will have to pay for it to get checked and fixed or repaired then send my mom money to ship it back to me. All that and I might as well buy another one. We shall see.

Can someone tell me should both the yellow and red buttons be pressed for the highest output?

I have a steamer from here. I think the gurgling is normal. I do however notice that the water in the intake compartment turns brown. Does this happen to anyone?

You know this came right on time. I am having some problems with my steamer too and I got it from the same place. I dont have the noise problem, I am having trouble with the output of steam. When I first got it I remember wiping my head from all the moisture now I dont have to do that. I actually dont feel the steam on my left side. I called the company and Marc told me that they have never had a problem with that steamer but for me to send it in since it was still under warranty.

My problem is that I live in Guam and they wont ship it back to me. They will send it to my mom and then I have to wait for her to ship it to me. So I will have to pay for it to get checked and fixed or repaired then send my mom money to ship it back to me. All that and I might as well buy another one. We shall see.

Can someone tell me should both the yellow and red buttons be pressed for the highest output?

I notice the highest output of steam when the red button only is pushed.:yep:

Last edited:
Do you keep the, for lack of a better word,cup filled. More than half way should stop the sound. Mine makes the sound you're speaking, when the cup drops below the half way mark. Hth

I am going to steam once more on Wed. and if I dont see/feel a difference it is going back to get fixed/replaced by the weekend.

The gurgling is normal, think of it as a kettle boiling water or heating up water on a stove, it's just the water bubbling away in the unit. Although I don't continually hear gurgling with mine though.

No gurling sound but I had problem with the steam not coming through the hood. I was going to send it back but because of the width/length it would cost $80 both ups/usps. Well that more than half of the steamer. So I tried to clean it out with vinegar water nothing steam as still coming outside of the hood. I took it apart and found the tubing had came off of the internal sprout. I put it back together and it working fine. I forgot to mention the tubing came off because of my improper storage. I was storing the hood bend up in the closet not on the stand.

Last edited:
Mine gurgles especially when I fill the cup till it's almost full, the steam also pauses after 15 minutes for a few seconds then starts again, but it doesn't stop for long enough to cause any concern, it's always done that so I think it's a fault. I've had mine for about 2 and a half years.

Back