Does your SO's eating habits rub off on you?

Nola Darling

Last year I moved in with my SO and I gained weight. We moved back to our native city to get ourselves together and we aren't living together anymore. Now I'm losing that weight.

I've noticed that in college I was heavier when I spent a lot of time with him, but when he graduated and he wasn't around I was thinner! WTH!

Does your SO's eating habits rub off on you? Do you let your self go a little when you are booed up? How do you fight it?

My senior year:nono:. My ex is 6'1 and 210 and I used to sit there and eat with him....like him all the time. I soon packed on the pounds. Now that we arent together anymore I am starting to shed the pounds.

same here. my ex is 6 foot 3 and 200 plus pounds so i use to eat whatever he ate...then "together" we put on the pounds. dyam that man.

i'm now fighting to lose that plus more...:wallbash:

Nope. He doesn't eat all day and then goes bezerk after 7. I eat 4-5 small meals every day. I sit down and eat and unless we are eating dinner, he eats standing up hovering over the sink or walking around the house :rolleyes:

Yep, we have both gained weight! :wallbash: I'm going back to my old ways though. DH loves meat, red meat-pork while I was not brought up that way, never been a big meat eater. I slipped into the carnivore category and I am paying for it big time! I'm doing much better though, waaaay down on my meat intake.

I've always heard that when you get married, you get happy and plump. :lol: So I guess the same applies for when you even live together
Last year I moved in with my SO and I gained weight. We moved back to our native city to get ourselves together and we aren't living together anymore. Now I'm losing that weight.

I've noticed that in college I was heavier when I spent a lot of time with him, but when he graduated and he wasn't around I was thinner! WTH!

Does your SO's eating habits rub off on you? Do you let your self go a little when you are booed up? How do you fight it?

Nope. I promised myself before my last relationship that I was going to stick to my eating/exercise regimen whether I was coupled or not and I did. It's SO easy to skip a workout here or eat an extra roll there, and before you know it, you're 10 lbs heavier and confused. :lol:

I put myself on a schedule and forced myself to stick to it. I knew I needed to do it for ME, but I also didn't want to be one of those women who let herself go and got comfortable. Men like women who keep themsevles up. :yep:

My good eating habits rubbed off on him. Even though we're no longer together, he still eats better than he did before and is more open to trying natural/organic foods.

No. I've seen my man eat weird food like pig ears, balut (you don't want to know), and chicken balls. No way am I touching that. I do all of the cooking but and my weight doesn't change. Both of us want to eat healthier but I just get lazy sometimes.

I have seen too many of my friends/family blow up like a balloon after meeting their SO, going out to eat all the time, and just getting comfy w/eachother. I'm too anal and weight conscious and I refuse to let that happen to me. :nono:

As much as I love to eat, its one of my fave activities, I make it clear from the jump of what type of food I eat, and how I feel about nutrition. Just like I don't want to see my BF start to grow a belly, I don't want one either.

I have seen too many of my friends/family blow up like a balloon after meeting their SO, going out to eat all the time, and just getting comfy w/eachother. I'm too anal and weight conscious and I refuse to let that happen to me. :nono:

As much as I love to eat, its one of my fave activities, I make it clear from the jump of what type of food I eat, and how I feel about nutrition. Just like I don't want to see my BF start to grow a belly, I don't want one either.

I like food too. I've never gained weight with any of my relationships. Maybe people just don't care and let themselves go. I don't know what it is but it's never happened to me and I'm never just going to stop caring and let myself go.

I distinctly remember with my first real boyfriend...when I was 19...how much weight i gained when we were together. He wasn't working out much , which made him skinny, and neither was I, which made ME fat. I remember when we broke up and I looked in the mirror. I said I'd never let that happen again.

Those double dinners and feeding each other nachos in the movies'll do it to ya....

Back