Does your reggie change in the fall & winter?

~Hair~Fetish~

If so, how and why? I have been experiencing great progress and just don't want any setbacks... so how do YOU winterize your hair?

Bumping...
I Want to know too.

I'll probaly do more half wigging. I already DC weekly so I might co-wash in the middle of the week (at night).

I do more PS during the winter and co-wash only once a week. I use butters for sealing all of the time and DC and shampoo only once a week.

I wash less because I mainly air dry and can't take a cold, wet head. But I have started blowing drying more so that might change this winter. I started using coconut oil too but I don't know if that will be a big problem for me because it doesn't get that cold here and I use it on wet hair and layer products on top of it.

I plan to stick with the same script through the winter. My reggie is working great, why ruin a good thing?

Summer months I usually hide my hair which is cool. Buns, twists, french rolls- However, when fall/winter comes esp. Fall I wear my hair down more just a little because it is not so hot & humid. In the winter I just spiral set more.

I do, not much difference. But I do not wear my hair out in its curly state durng the winter.
My hair is so thirsty that I make sure it stays properly moisturized all the time. I still co-wash every day and i seal with oil and keep it bunned up.
I am on a personal bunning challenge till June 2010 so my hair will be hibernating til then.
Since the winter-air is so much drier, I think moisture is absolute key, if you don't tweak anything else in your reggie, make sure your moisture is spot on.

Well, this is the first winter that I'll be paying attention to my hair. I'm not going to change my regimen, but I'll just protective style more.

I'm also stretching until February so we'll see how it goes.

I use less humectants (b/c the air is drier), heavier moisturizers and switch up oils more often (less coconut, more jojoba and olive oil).

I don't change my regimen but I am new to this....it seems like some people stop using coconut oil because it solidifies in cooler temps but I am in Texas so I will probably play it by ear. On another not your hair is really cute in your profile pic, how did you accomplish that style?

My regimen will stay the same... 3-4 cowashes per week, DC 2ce weekly, moisturise with spritz and seal with shea mix. Only thing I can see changing is the number of weeks I keep my braids (no extensions) in. I currently have them in for 2 weeks and then wear my hair loose for 2 weeks but I might do 3wks braids(no extensions), 1 wk hair out from November/December... I'll see....

No wash n go buns or hair this winter. I will be keeping it protected, though. My transition is going well and I don't want to ruin it.

Yes,My reggie change:

Summer co-wash more (I sweat & I hate dirty hair & scalp)

Fall/Winter, co-wash less (or my hair will dry out)

Summer (may seal my ends,may not)

Winter (must seal every other day to keep my hair from drying out)

Summer (wear my hair out more)

Winter (protective styles)

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Three New Additions I plan to incorporate into my Weekly Fall/Winter Reggie::yep:

1) More Butters for Moisture
2) Hot Oil Treatments
3) Using a Weekly Light/Med Reconstructor

Everything else will pretty much stay the same i.e.: Co-Washing, DC'ing with Heat and 1/2 Dryer 1/2 Air Drying

Babying and Staying on top of ends.

I always switch up my reggie for the cooler winter months. Instead of wash and go's I was less frequently and I wear my hair up more in the winter months. I even switch over to a heavier conditioner because I feel like my hair gets dryer in the winter

I don't change my regimen but I am new to this....it seems like some people stop using coconut oil because it solidifies in cooler temps but I am in Texas so I will probably play it by ear. On another not your hair is really cute in your profile pic, how did you accomplish that style?

Thanks!
I did about 16 individual twists with rollers on the ends. Once it dried, I kind of fluffed it out with a pick at the roots.

In the fall & winter, I use my cream moisturizers (as opposed to my oil & honey leave-in, which I use in the summer). Everything else stays the same.

In the past with summer and winter I wore my hair based on comfort. In the summer I wore it up and out my face more because of sweating and it just being to hot and when fall and winter hit I'd look forward to wearing it out more. This winter I'm more conscious of materials I'm wearing, especially when I pull out my wool coat. I'll be wearing my hair up more often this winter, I plan to bun most of the time.

Back