Does Your Natural Hair Color Seem to POP?

theLovelyStyle

Just wondering if any of you have noticed a change in your natural hair color ever since you started taking better care of your hair?

My SO noticed last week that my hair looks brunette! So got all up in the mirror and checked it out my self. It does! It may be because Im relaxed, but Ive been relaxed for years and never noticed this color. I even checked my new growth and it looks the same way as well.

My hair is visibly dark brown now but it's a deeper/richer tone. If that makes sense. :look: It was kind of dusty and dull looking when I was relaxed and damaged. It looked lighter. My mom used to put a black rinse on it when I was younger so it would appear darker and shinier.

Last edited:
I noticed a significant difference when I started using Ayurvedic powders and using a UVA/UVB hair protectant. My hair was sun damaged and under light you could see the lightening of my hair. My amla and brahmi powders alongside my Ouidad Sun Shield Spray helped restore my hair's natural color :)

I realized that my hair turned really black like jet black which I like. I have friend whose hair I always thought to be brown to be actually black when she stopped relaxing her hair. She always thought her hair brown & shocked to find out it wasn't.

My hair is a very pretty brown! I had on a brown sweater and my hair matched it

Now I what to get some chocolate brown and golden brown highlight and low lights

i thought my hair had a dark brownish/reddish tint to it because of relaxers but now that i'm natural...its still there so i dont know whats going on with my hair. my roots look black but my ends are a completely different color.

i dont like it personally. in the light...it looks like i have patches of dirty brown hair. i think i will do a henna/indigo treatment to dye it black.

my hair is sooooo weird

My hair was always a brownish red when I was relaxed.
The I started using phytospecific relaxer and my hair darkened.

Finally, while transitioning, I noticed that my ng was darker so I dyed it black (LOVED IT).

My hair hasn't seen the sun in oodles of months, it does get lighter during the summer, so now I'm all a shiny black all over. I'll see what happens in the summer.

I noticed a significant difference when I started using Ayurvedic powders and using a UVA/UVB hair protectant. My hair was sun damaged and under light you could see the lightening of my hair. My amla and brahmi powders alongside my Ouidad Sun Shield Spray helped restore my hair's natural color :)

:yep: Yep definitely. My hair has gotten so much darker. I think it is in part due to the powders since I too, am using Ayurveda, but I also think it is the fact that I am not stripping my hair every time I cleanse it. It is also getting noticeably thicker and my grays are reverting (meaning not that many are coming out of my scalp). I love it.

I have brown hair but in a lot of areas it's a light brown, I would say that my hair color popped after I got the BKT. It really enhanced the color of my hair to the point that my mother noticed and said that she remembered my hair being that light when I was a child.

Back