Does you hair laugh at your Daily Moisture Efforts??? Mine Does!

Smiley79

I've tried Elasta QP Mango, Hawaiian Silky and NTM. By the time I make it out my apt, my hair feels like I never put anything on it. It's like my hair resists moisture. (And yes, I do seal with Coconut Oil) Hawaiian Silky worked pretty good but it gave me too much build up. Anyone else have hair that laughs at Daily moisture efforts. My final hope it to try either the Hairveda or Qhemet line of products...I've heard rave revies about those two, and I'm willing to give it one last shot. If that doesn't work, I'm just gonna use up what I already own and deal with it. :drunk:

Mine did too until I started using Scurl. However, this too can cause build up if you use too much... so go light. I concentrate on my roots and ends. I also wash weekly so I don't have problems with build up.

HTH

I tried all of those and hated them. I tried Silken Child Creme Moisturizer last week and LOVE it. I'm sealing it with sweet almond oil and my ends are fantastic!

It could be the Cones... All three of those products have Cones in them if I'm not mistaken. Once I started limiting my use of cones Especially for leave in's my moisture upped drastically. HTH

Mine does. I have coarse, porous hair, so my hair just eats up everything. I am waiting until I have some money, so I can buy some shea butter. The one time I used shea butter my hair was "full" for a couple of days and felt incredibly soft. I think that is what my hair needs: heavy moisture.

I second the Porosity Control although I haven't tried it yet. My hair does the same thing and when I take these braids out, I will be trying the PC to see if it helps with the dryness. I use a mixture of condish with water in a spray bottle after cowashing and a few hours later (if that), my hair is hard and dry...

:boredwrk:I'm embarassed to say that I have no idea what Porosity is....I see I need to do a lot of research. And I need to find out more about ACV rinses and how to do them. I know there must be a lot of threads about it.

I'm approaching month 6th of my transition and yesterday was the most frustrating day yet. I was decent when I left the house. When I got to work and went to the bathroom I looked in the mirror. To my horror, the finger curls I had put in the night before turned around and gave me the FINGER the next morning! :lachen: I hauled tail to my office and shut the door. I didn't come out except to do studio work and even then I took the back stairs. Today I realized I was overexaggerating but I was just not my usual fly self. :gorgeous: My hair was dry, puffy and frizzy, not to mention the "beads" around my hairline and side edges.

I got home and went through my roots and strands in small sections with my Shea Amla whipped Butter I won from Afroveda. My hair was soooooft and glistening. I then pin curled each lock and this morning as I finger combed my hair, the Heavens opened!

I've learned that I have just entered into stage II of my transition, where my product arsenal needs to change. It will now go from oils (month 1-5) to rich butters and thick conditioners (month 6-?) I'll have to be careful not to walk around looking slick and greasy in this summer heat and humidity. My deep conditions will be deeper and I'll lay off the cones too, as they tend to block out my daily mositurizing and dry out my hair.

That is how my hair is. I swear I have every leave in conditioner possible even S-Curl. Nothing seems to work. I may check out that porosity thing.

I'm approaching month 6th of my transition and yesterday was the most frustrating day yet. I was decent when I left the house. When I got to work and went to the bathroom I looked in the mirror. To my horror, the finger curls I had put in the night before turned around and gave me the FINGER the next morning! :lachen: I hauled tail to my office and shut the door. I didn't come out except to do studio work and even then I took the back stairs. Today I realized I was overexaggerating but I was just not my usual fly self. :gorgeous: My hair was dry, puffy and frizzy, not to mention the "beads" around my hairline and side edges.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:That made my day!!!!!!!! LOL

It could be the Cones... All three of those products have Cones in them if I'm not mistaken. Once I started limiting my use of cones Especially for leave in's my moisture upped drastically. HTH

ITA, limiting the use of cones has helped tremendously with the moisture in my hair. I would use NTM leave in and Rusk Smoother and my hair would feel great, but after a while it was like I didn't put anything on my hair. I now only use Giovanni Direct leave in and Yes to Cucumbers leave in. Neither of them have silicone in the ingrident list.

When my hair was feeling really dry I started misting with a homeade leave-in my hair before applying my moisturizer then sealing and now I always wake up with moist soft hair.

why dont you try all natual moisturizers. my fave right now that can be used on natural and relaxed hair is OYIN whipped pudding. its a really thick cream that on natual hair makes the curls pop and stay moist and soft all day. on relaxed hair you can just used a dab on your ends.

Have you tried Cantu Shea butter? I love it followed with castor oil on my ends.

Elasta Mango Butter, never helped my natural or relaxed hair. If anything I can use it on my edges to lay my hair down. That's about it.

Have you tried Cantu Shea butter? I love it followed with castor oil on my ends.

Elasta Mango Butter, never helped my natural or relaxed hair. If anything I can use it on my edges to lay my hair down. That's about it.

my hair laughed at that.

I have been dealing with chronic dryness..My conclusion it's either my porosity, diet or both.

I just got my steamer so I'm gonna try that too.

I Honesty Believe Chronic Dryness can be Overcome by Balancing Your Protein/Moisture and the Use of Porosity Control or a similar Product. I know, it has worked wonders for my Hair.

Wannabe Stylists, Stylists, and the Even the Girls at Sally's looked at my Hair and said it was Overly Porous.:burning:

It was so dry and damaged. And I know, it wasn't retaining any moisture even though I was dousing it on a Regular with Moisturizing Products.

It wasn't until, I began to incorporate Porosity Control, as my Final Rinse after Every Deep Conditioning Treatment did I start to notice a Huge, Huge difference with retaining Moisture. Porosity Control and finding that Balance for My Hair began to take my Hair to the Next Level.

IMO It makes no sense to Condition your Hair and have it not absorb and just sit there, because your hair doesn't have the ability on it's own to Absorb it.:nono:

PC: It's a Must.:yep:

Yeah porosity checks have saved my hair from chronic dryness. I cowash almost exclusively and I do PC check once a month or so. So symptoms of PC problems for me were:

1. CHRONIC dryness--I am talking about the only time my hair was moisturized was in the shower. Now my hair takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an 1 1/2 to dry on its own with no tools--and this is a TWA. That is something that I regular test now--now long does it take for my hair to "dry" naturally. Porous hair drys quickly.

2. No CURL definition--this was something I didn't realize until I started checking the PC. Now that it is "balanced" my coils "pop" and "boing" from the smallest nap to the crown of my head.

3. Split ends. Dry hair breaks and splits up the shaft chronically.

Now that I PC my naps are looking "RIGHT"...

Have you tried Karen's Body Beautiful products? I definitely recommend the hair milk and/or hair nectar.....all natural, cone-free. They leave my hair feeling soo moisturized.

Well after a bit of research, I have not realized that I do have Porosity Problems!!!! So I'm going to research how to remedy this asap. NEver knew about it till now.

Back