Does this sound like a stupid idea or genius?

Is this stupid or genius?

• This is stupid you will end up bald again!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • This is great! Slow and steady wins the race!

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • You should do it all in one day and call it a day!

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • You are a genius! But they are not known for their hair.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
A little background I am texlaxed. I don't get scalp burns. I use Ors Lye for 8-10 minutes. I have only tried to retouch once about 7 weeks ago and it was a total fail. The first time I did a whole head texlax on my virgin hair and it was so easy and went so well but touch ups are much harder and nerve-wracking!:wallbash:
Sooooo this time I want to do like a 4 day texlax and just do a small manageable section each day till I'm done. I could maybe do 1/4's or something. I want to flat iron my roots a little because I think its what helps my curls clump together so well originally. Does this sound crazy? :drunk: I know people do the half method but is that generally done in one day?
Thanks for any input!! :yep:

Honestly I dont know about this one, but if you neutralize and dc the sections each time you do them, you should be fine... but it is very time consuming though.

I did do something like this once, years ago before my HHJ. I relaxed 1/2 of my head and ran out of relaxer. Two days later (BSS closed on Sunday) I did the other half. I did not have any issues with breakage or anything, and amazingly enough it came out even. I did have the following issues:

- Separating the sections for the second session. I washed my entire head with neutralizing shampoo after the first session because I knew the relaxer had touched other hair during the rinse process. I wanted to be sure I did not leave any in.

- Feeling confident that the second section of my hair was "relaxer ready" since it had been less than 3 days earlier. I balanced that with adding olive oil to my hair first as added protection.

- Separating the sections for the second section. I did not want to overlap, but found it difficult to part "exactly" where I had parted before. I ended up with a few very narrow sections of un-touched hair.

So in essence, I do not think you are stupid or crazy. I just think that if you choose this method you need to plan carefully. Mine was really spur of the moment.

Your hair looks great BTW.

Oh, and I don't know about the flat iron part. I would hesitate to do anything to weaken my hair right before a relaxer, but my strands are fine and will break for any reason.

I think it's a good idea. I usually split up my hair chores over the course of a few days - that's why I can't answer that poll thread about how many hours it takes me to get to final styling. My answer is I never do it all in one day. Your thinking makes sense coz unless you are very fast, it is very hard to do a root only touchup and get the timing right. When you do the whole head at once it seems like one quad is going to be over processed and one under processed. If you only work on one section at a time it seems your chances of having even results are much better. So I say working on each section separately seems like a good idea whether you do them all in the same day or do one or two each day.

Relaxing can be a daunting task, I commented on another post that I break out in a sweat when it is time, However I just take deep breaths. I do the half/half method (front/back) and it takes me approx 40 min to relax total time not including neutralizing and conditioning. I did watch a young lady that did the half/half and she did the other half (back) on a different day :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7y4V7FSDIY&p=87788FD0EF8853D8&playnext=1&index=8.

In regards to flatironing you your roots first, there are 2 young ladies on YT that flatiron first a week earlier then relax (thtruththishair) and (micarae she flatirons and then spritzes her NG the day before to see the NG clearly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXWFprdhns). If it worked for you before I dont see why not doing it again just use a fairly low heat.

When I relax I wash a day or 2 earlier (without manipulating my scalp) to get to my NG easily, this way I have no breakage (I found this method through DLewis), no burning eithier.

Adoradora did her hair in 1 day, but she did each quadrant seprately.

I think 4 days is a long time to break up a relaxer because you may scratch your head unknowingly and the such. Why not try a Sat and a Sun until you get comfortable enough to do the entire head in one day.

I hope this helps.

OP...I don't have a suggestion, but I am very interested in knowing how it turns out, please keep us posted!

I'm natural so forgive me if this is a silly concern, but can you keep one mixed relaxer for that long? Or would you mix a fresh portion every day over 4 days?

OT, yes, your hair is looking great!

^^^^ I use a Lye relaxer so it doesn't get mixed its just all ready in a jar.

Thank you all so much for your help I am going to practice with conditioner to work out the kinks. :)

^^^^ I use a Lye relaxer so it doesn't get mixed its just all ready in a jar.

Thank you all so much for your help I am going to practice with conditioner to work out the kinks. :)

Hilarious!! I hope it works out just the way you want it. Your hair is really pretty.

Back