Does this look like a half wig to you?

mj11051

This morning my co-worker asked me if I was wearing a half wig. And she wasn't nasty or anything, she just wanted to know.

halfwig.jpg

Not to me. It looks like a thick luscious head of curls.

IMO, what makes a half-wig stand out is a big difference between its texture or color and that of the real hair at the hairline.

In my case, my hairline grows in very white, but I keep my hair jet black. If I don't do my touchups, my hairline and my ends can look like they belong on 2 diff heads = half-wig effect!

When people see healthy, pretty hair (especially on black women)... they assume it's fake.

Even when it's short. :look: Regardless of what texture it is.

It has happened to me too, although not recently thank goodness. I don't get offended by it, it's going to happen no matter what. It is a little annoying though, isn't it?

Your hair is coming along so nicely btw! :)

I didn't take offense to what she said because she was sincerely asking. But I just didn't see how see thought I had on a half wig.:wallbash:

no.but don't you always have folks questioning your hair or looking at you side ways ??? :lachen::lachen:

:rolleyes: She was asking me a question because she wanted to get that halg wig. And no I have a lot of folks the compliment my hair, like the 2 yesterday. This lady is new here and she was looking for a way to let her hair grow.

No it doesn't it looks beautiful. But, when she probably couldn't fathom YOUR hair looking that beautiful. She probably thought it was a half wig because you slicked back the front. But it looks pretty :)

Nope looks like happy healthy hair. I do see more women wearing textured weaves/wigs so I can understand asking the question esp if she wants one herself.

As long as she wasn't being nasty--some folks seriously can't tell because the real thing can sometimes look storebought--I've had several folks ask me if my hair was a piece, doesn't bother me.

In any event, I'd take what she said as a compliment.

As long as she wasn't being nasty--some folks seriously can't tell because the real thing can sometimes look storebought--I've had several folks ask me if my hair was a piece, doesn't bother me.

In any event, I'd take what she said as a compliment.

And she didn't mean any harm, I was just surprised by her question.

Honestly? I would say a little bit, yes. It looks like some of the 'phony puff' pictures I've seen. It looks like there could be a comb at the intersection of your smoothed down part, and the puff, and the curls are loose enough that they could be mimicked artificially.

That's not a bad thing - it just is. :)

To me, it does not. However, I think people can look at a puff and think it's a 1/2 wig just because the front is slicked back and the back is very full and textured. Your hair is cute though.

:rolleyes: She was asking me a question because she wanted to get that halg wig. And no I have a lot of folks the compliment my hair, like the 2 yesterday. This lady is new here and she was looking for a way to let her hair grow.

I only asked this b/c on 8/27 you made a statement about someone on the bus questioning if you had a wig on & calling you a liar... that's all.

That bamma on the bus gave me a compliment first, then she said she didn't believe that was my hair because it full in the front.

Back