Does the silk wrap technique work better..

Cayenne0622

on longer hair? my hair is right at the top of my shoulders and I have considered doing a roller set and then wrapping with the saran wrap idea but I'm scurred it won't turn out as good on my length hair. I have fine hair so I need something that will allow me to have volume and body.

I don't know if it works better on longer hair since my hair was short when I had it and I don't know of anybody with long hair that had it but I can say that it worked very well on my short (barely grazing shoulder) hair.

What is the silk wrap technique and does it work better than what? And what, pray tell, does one do with Saran Wrap?

Curious (and clueless) minds want to know:) .

newflowers said:
What is the silk wrap technique and does it work better than what? And what, pray tell, does one do with Saran Wrap?

Curious (and clueless) minds want to know:) .

Sorry. My question is the silk wrap technique work better on long hair versus short hair? I saw a picture of a member's silk wrap set and her hair was past BSL so I wondered if it would look as nice on my hair which is barely touching my shoulders. I read that people rollerset their hair and sit under the dryer until it is dry. Then they comb it lose and apply moisturizer, wrap the hair, and then tie it down with saran wrap and get back under the dryer for about 15 mins. This apparently gives the hair body and silky texture.

Cayenne0622 said:
Sorry. My question is the silk wrap technique work better on long hair versus short hair? I saw a picture of a member's silk wrap set and her hair was past BSL so I wondered if it would look as nice on my hair which is barely touching my shoulders. I read that people rollerset their hair and sit under the dryer until it is dry. Then they comb it lose and apply moisturizer, wrap the hair, and then tie it down with saran wrap and get back under the dryer for about 15 mins. This apparently gives the hair body and silky texture.

I did it on my natural hair and it came out nice, it didn't weigh down my fine hair at all.

Back