Does The Bridal Shower Count As A Wedding Gift?

jdvzmommy

Or nah?

I'm spending a lot on my sister's bridal shower. While I do think her bridesmaids will help out, I don't expect it to be much compared to the total amount being spent.

And then I have to start working on the bachelorette party.

Lordt. Weddings are expensive. Even when you aren't the one getting married. :spinning:

Yes i would consider it a gift. Im not expecting one from my bridal party especially my MOH who is hosting the bachelorette. Not sure if she's throwing a shower.
I did give a gift to a bride when i was in the wedding party though.

Last edited:
I just went through something similar so I feel your pain. I was a bridesmaid and I did consider the money spent on the shower and bachelorette party as a gift. We spent a ridiculous amount of money but I still felt compelled to purchase an actual wedding gift. It was a personalized picture frame that was less than $30.

I think you should bring something small like $15 worth of towels. But I'm saying this because my bridesmaids wee only asked to donate $20 to the bridal shower for food and etc. only one of them brought a gift. That $20 didn't break Yall and yall didn't even do the planning!! The bridesmaid that did buy something just bought a makeup bag and inexpensive lingerie but it was sooo thoughtful and appreciated

Yes if you threw me a bridal shower and bachelorette party i would be so thankful and appreciative and not expect anything else from you...

in fact when everything settled down...post honeymoon..i would do something so nice and sweet for you as a thank you....:yep:

In your case yes because you are doing so much but usually

Bridal shower= gift for the bride

Wedding gift= gift for the couple

If we are close I do two gifts if not I do one or the other. Usually something off the wedding registry.

I think it can. I went to a couple bridal showers recently and they had the venue decked out like it was the reception. Lots of food, nice prizes for the games etc. I can tell a lot of money and time went into it.

Back