Does the brand and quality of appliances matter

Dionne

Do you think the quality of you flat irons, dryers, curling irons, etc... make differnce in the health of your hair?

I do. I've had curling irons that seemed to get hotter and hotter the longer they were on. And I've had the coating chip off of some of them. Those little flecks of teflon (or whatever the coating was) would get 'glued' to my hair while I was curling it. I've had blow dryers get so hot that I had to replace the comb attachments every few weeks because they were MELTED! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Imagine what my poor hair felt like!

Definitely! Recently I purchased a Jilbere CERAMIC flat iron. Previously, I owned a Gold N' Hot Gold Flat iron which I gave away because I hated it...it burned my hair on low settings!

The CERAMIC iron is so much better, makes your hair nice and straight but doesn't burn it or give your hair that "burnt" smell.

Buy CERAMIC over regular whenever you have the chance. I've also heard that IONIC blow dryers are better for your hair than regular blow dryers as they keep some moisture in your hair.

Back