Does Surge detangle?

Chimma

So far I have fought the intense PJ desire that comes from visiting this site, (some of ya'll ladies with the 15 wash-out conditioners, 31 leave-ins, 20 shampoos, 17 serums, should open up your own beauty stores
grin.gif
) but I read about surge every other post and I'm finding it hard to resist now because of some people's posts (LondonDiva, I am talking to you
smile.gif
).

Now, I'm hearing its a good detangler too? Is this true? Cuz if it is, I'm going to go run out to walgreens first thing tomorrow morning and fight the power no more!

I wouldn't say it's the best detangler I've ever used, but it does detangle fairly well....anyone else?

I have really curly ends that intertwine when I bun up unless I use surge. The only time surge doesn't seem to help with detangling is immediately after washing.

Chimma - I've been using Surge as a scalp treatment only. I'm finding that it really doesn't detangle my hair. It didn't do anything bad to my hair, it just didn't detangle as good as I thought it would.

Kedra

Hmm, I guess I'm going to have to seriously question surge's ability to detangle.
Another question - did you all still have any hair breakage with surge? I heard it has a lot of protein, does it have the same effect as a protein reconstructor and make your hair dry, brittle, but strong?

I've been using it twice a day since Sunday. Its definitely not detangling, but my hair does feel stronger and my breakage and shedding has stopped. I'm using it in combination with my Elasta Penetrating Moisturizer and so far so good. I'm very impressed with the strengthening aspect of the Surge because my breakage / shedding was getting out of control!

That's nice to hear!
smile.gif
How much breakage/shedding did you have before and how much did you have after?

awww man, the main reason i wanted surge was to help in detangling. i read someone else's post who's on the stretching out challenge and they said it helped them comb through the new growth without any breakage.anyone else notice it helping you out with taming the new growth?? if not, i may no even get it.

[ QUOTE ]
Chimma said:
That's nice to hear!
smile.gif
How much breakage/shedding did you have before and how much did you have after?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to see too!! I had a lot of breakage and shedding pre-Surge. It was really scaring me. My hair was breaking off if I even touched it. I think the change in weather shocked my hair or something. I didn't know what I was going to do until someone here posted where I could find Surge in Los Angeles. One of the biggest changes in the breakage is that my ouchless band is hair free when I take it out. Before, it would have several strands clumped and wrapped around it no matter how careful I was. I also think the tip about soaking the bands in oil has helped too (thanks to the member who posted that tip!).

I don't like the surge as a detangler. I was actually quite upset in that it made my ends dry and frizzy looking. I will only be using this product on my scalp.

Hi Kedra,
I noticed you're in St. Louis. Please tell me where you bought your SURGE. I've been to two Walgreens (including the one on Euclid by Saint Louis University) with no luck.

THANK YOU for any suggestions!
kiss.gif

Actually surge helps me with faster growth but it's not done much for breakage. In fact I had basically no breakage until about a week and a half ago. I've been using surge for a month.

I'm wondering if its possible for some hair textures to get too much Surge? I didn't Surge today because my hair felt "sturdy" (for lack of a better word) enough. I plan on washing tonight, and starting over.

I'm just thinking that my hair - which is very fine - can only take so much protein. And I don't want to get to the point where its too much and it starts breaking. It seems to be a fine line for me. Overall I'm liking the results from Surging thus far. My roots are soft, and my relaxed ends aren't breaking.

I suppose that how much of any product you can successfully use depends on your hair. Some of us might be able to use Surge twice a day, every day and others might only need (or can take) once a day or less. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Back