Does Roux make your hair tangle?

Fine 4s

Hey ladies,

I finally got my hair done/trimmed and was very pleased with the process (see pics in last new thread).

I pre-pooed over night with Amla oil over dirty, tangled, dry hair that was bunched up in a bun for at least 3 weeks. Then shampooed and applied Kerafuse by Mizani which is a strengthening DC. I still didn't detangle.
I thought I could with the Roux...negative. When I applied it and let it sit for a couple mins, and went to use with my Denman OMG! It was a tangled matted mess. I had to use some herbal essence condish for slip....

What went wrong? Perhaps I never experienced this before because I usually detangle before pre-pooing or right after, so Roux just glides through.
Thoughts?

i deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner after i use it.

i think your hair was tangled from the jump. you didn't detangle before you washed. you used a strengthening shampoo, and didn't follow with a moisturizing one, you applied Roux, and didn't use a moisturizing (rinse out )conditioner to add slip to your hair.

i deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner after i use it.

i think your hair was tangled from the jump. you didn't detangle before you washed. you used a strengthening shampoo, and didn't follow with a moisturizing one, you applied Roux, and didn't use a moisturizing (rinse out )conditioner to add slip to your hair.

I thought it was supposed to be a final rinse product? Its for your strands ability to hold moisture (porosity) so if I apply a product after it, wouldn't it counter the Roux? (depending on prod) Man Roux is too expensive for me to be messing up with!

I finger detangled and used a moisturizing poo, next time ill detangle with a comb.

I thought it was supposed to be a final rinse product? Its for your strands ability to hold moisture (porosity) so if I apply a product after it, wouldn't it counter the Roux? (depending on prod) Man Roux is too expensive for me to be messing up with!

I finger detangled and used a moisturizing poo, next time ill detangle with a comb.

Fine 4s i have low porosity hair, so i do it this way instead of a final rinse. if i didn't, it would make my hair tangle too. i do it this after i shampoo, since shampoos have a low ph. for a low porosity type. i don't use it daily either. only on relaxer day. unless you have very porous hair, you don't need to use that with every wash. for people that have high porosity, using it as a final rinse works for them

Fine 4s, shortdub78 (cute bun in your avatar btw!) and Bublin gave you great advice regarding porosity & Roux's use.

I agree that you might not have detangled properly leading into wash day which is trouble waiting to happen. Ask me, I know!

I have low porosity hair and do not use Roux -- it never worked for me and closed my cuticles even tighter, thereby preventing moisture from entering into my hair.

I've recently started using HairVeda's ph Balancing Rinse and was nervous since I know what Roux is capable of doing to my low porosity hair. I have been using the ph rinse after shampooing and while it makes my hair feel weird, I follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair ends up with lovely results.

Definitely try Roux after shampooing but before DCing.

Back