Does protein midly relax the hair????

InsertCleverNameHere

Okay I know it sounds like a stupid question but my hair is straighter after a series of protein treatments this week.

The only other time I've use protein is with a aphogee treatment a long time ago but I don't even remember how my hair reacted to the treatment.

Well lots of folks recommended earlier I believe it was the end of last week, that I do a protein treatment followed by a good moisturizer.

Well, I picked up a couple of things at the BSS this weekend, some motions cpr and some dry hair healer.

Well I washed my hair and conditioned with both on Sunday I believe and then airdried partly in a ponytail while I slept and then I took it down the next day to finish drying. My hair was noticeably looser than usual. I believe I have 3b/c hair and it was more of a frizzy 2c-ish look.

Well, I did my second treatment on yesterday before I pressed my hair today. It is still more wavy and a tad looser than the time before but not drastically so.

So my question is...What does protein do to the hair...I mean how does it bond to the hair and what would cause it to have this reaction? Also has anyone else had this happen?

Oh I forgot to add that the only other thing I did different other than the protein to my hair was I dried with no products cause the treatments had my hair feeling great and I didn't want it to lose that feeling.

I'm not sure, but Henna is a protein treatment and a lot of people said it loosens the curl in their hair, so maybe there's something to that? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure, but Henna is a protein treatment and a lot of people said it loosens the curl in their hair, so maybe there's something to that? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... :scratchin:

lactalbumin, a type of milk protein looses curl too. read the milk thread. and GPB, which features lactalbumin, looses my hair too.

Aphogee treatment loosened my curl pattern in my new growth, i noticed this on several occasions.

Protein does seem to loosen my curls as well, I was thinking about this last night! My curls seem to behave 100 times better though after a protein treatment. I have less frizz and more length, but it does not look limp or anything. I am tempted to do more protein treatments, I just don't wanna overdo it!

Real,

I just brought the new Optium Dry Hair Healer last week, what did you think of it. I wasn't going to post about it until I had tried it for awhile.

[ QUOTE ]
Real,

I just brought the new Optium Dry Hair Healer last week, what did you think of it. I wasn't going to post about it until I had tried it for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think mine is made by Dark and Lovely. It's a Shea Butter Cholesterol treatment and I like it so far! Is there two different kinds or is this the same thing?

No the one I'm have is new by Optimum, it is suppose to be oil without the greasy feeling. It comes in a bright yellow jar. There is a whole line of products called "Oil theorphy" or something like that.

Protein treatments actually help ENCOURAGE curl in my hair. I may be weird, but I've never had a protein treatments make my hair straighter.

[ QUOTE ]
Protein treatments actually help ENCOURAGE curl in my hair. I may be weird, but I've never had a protein treatments make my hair straighter.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to say that. My newgrowth gets tighter/culier after protein treatments. I figure its because it makes my already non-chemically treated hair (new-growth) even stronger /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, so true! Well, at least for me...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to say that. My newgrowth gets tighter/culier after protein treatments. I figure its because it makes my already non-chemically treated hair (new-growth) even stronger /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto ... that's why I didn't want to do an Aphogee at 12 wks post...if my coils were any tighter, then I wouldn't be able to comb my head! /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Protein treatments (I only use mild ones) have never made my hair straight.

Back