does overrocessing your hair slow you hair grwoth rate

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
question, if anyone wants o answer, if your hair is overprossed( sp? ) does that slow your growth rate down?
because my hair isn't growing NEARLY as fast as it used to, plus i have some shaggy ends that needs to be chopped off plus its uneven. is cutting it in layers is a good solution? because i'm afraid if i cut it off all one lentgh, it'll be to the top of my ear. and thats not cool with me lol

oh and i'm still transitiong. i think it has been at least 8 weeks yea. my last perm was on july 29th i believe.

I don't think overprocessed hair affects the growth rate of the new hair coming out of the follicles. However, a damaged scalp can definitely affect the growth rate. Also, when the hair is overprocessed, it is not as strong and therefore more prone to breakage ... and too much breakage will eventually lead to not being able to retain as much lenth. HTH

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think overprocessed hair affects the growth rate of the new hair coming out of the follicles. However, a damaged scalp can definitely affect the growth rate. Also, when the hair is overprocessed, it is not as strong and therefore more prone to breakage ... and too much breakage will eventually lead to not being able to retain as much lenth. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto...ITA!

BRAIDS WILL HELP AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T DONE TOO TIGHTLY! IF THEY ARE PUT IN TOO TIGHTLY THIS WILL CAUSE "TENSION BREAKAGE". BUT YEAH, BRAIDS WILL HELP PROTECT YOUR HAIR TO SOME DEGREE JUST MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT MOISTURIZED! THAT'S WHERE ALOT OF PEOPLE FALL SHORT OF DOING.

I DON'T THINK OVERPROCESSING SLOWS YOUR GROWTH RATE, BUT I THINK IT AFFECTS HOW MUCH HAIR ACTUALLY STAYS ON YOUR HEAD! /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

Back