Does it count as alopecia if the patch is not fully bald?

PeaceFlow

Hey people.

I have encountered these patches over the past 6 years of my life on and off. Its been a long while but over the past month my hair was just coming out so much in the comb:nono: At firs I thought it may be recent heat damage but I just got SO to take a pic of my hair and I have a biggish patch on one side of my nape that looks shorn. Think Rhianna. My bald patches tend to look and feel more shorn than bald. There are still little hairs there.

I thought maybe alopecia would cause the whole bulb to come out?

Please help with this. I already said in the other thread that I have had above ear length hair all my life due to eczema and all sorts of mishaps. Finally got it to near shoulder length then this happens:sad:

I also have been under a lot of stress lately but still don't understand why that would leave me with little hairs instead of really bald patches.

I personally would go to see a doctor asap to have it checked out...from my experience watching my SIL with Alopecia...all of her spots were not completely bald at the beginning she had a few strands of hair in some of the patches and it started out with just two small patches and progressed over the years

It is better to be safe than sorry IMO and only a professional can truly tell you what exactly is going on

I hope you get it figured out

Back