Does God Destine Our Lives For Ill Will?

sterry

My next store neighbor came to me crying. "We live in an influent neighborhood" she said , so she couldn't understand why her 12 year old daughter is withchild!
I have known this woman for sometime now. I have watched her daughter since she was 11 years of age leave the house with halter tops, tight J Lo jogging suits, Baby Phat jeans so tight you could see the impression of a nickel through her back pocket. At 9 she went to Bow's Wow concert with more makeup on the I use myself.
Her mother just recently seperated with the husband and left for Las Vegas. Living her life she said. She did not take her daughter with her. She left her behind with the father who has found God. Basically, her mother relinguish all parental duties onto the husband.
Now, she just found out that her baby girl is pregnant. The mother has decided to come home.
She tells me now, I must give up my life to take care of my daugther and this baby! But, I know now that this was destined to be.
God has willed it this way.
No, I don't believe that this is so I stated. God allows the temptation to exist, but we decid to choose the path alongside Satan or along side God. I stated, God does not lead us into a path of destruction or cause us to sin. For he can not look apon sin.
No, she said. This is what is destined to be. No matter if I was here or not I could not prevent this because God has willed it this way.
Is this true? I don't believe this to be so. I was so overwhelmed that she felt as if she was "putting her life on hold". She told me that she was still going to get a divorce from her husband and live in the house until her daughter has the baby and reaches the age of 18. then she is out of there and the husband agress.
This is crazy.

No. God never intended for that little girl to get pregnant. That was not his will. He knew it would happen though. That little girl made a choice.

Your neighbor sounds like she has difficulty accepting personal responsibilities, as evidenced by how she's reliquinshed parental duties to the husband, allows her daughter to leave the house looking (clothes/makeup) in ways that could foreseeably put herself in harm's way, and takes off for Las Vegas to "live her life" while she still has a seriously-underaged child back home to raise. Even now, when her child's pregnancy appears to be a foreseeable consequence of her apathy, she would rather blame God than take personal responsibility.

Not every couple decides they want children. It's better to make that decision before you have them.

It is all about personal choice, but I myself ask this question ALOT in regard to someone who touched me when I was a child. That was clearly not my decision, but it happened. But that's a whole nother story for a whole nother thread. :(

You can read my stance on God's will in other threads. I won't get into it here, but there are plenty of biblical references.

I will say this. God has a purpose for that child as He does for everything. God said that He knew us before He formed us in the womb. That child is no exception.

Thank you.
Unfortunately, I am still unclear.
Can someone referr me to a scripture in the bible that may help.
I am overwhelmed!
She spoke of her child as if she was doing her a favor. As if she was a burdeoned.
It is quite obvious that the little girl took advantage of the fact that there was no supervision, but I also felt this was a cry for help or attention.

Sorry I meant affluent.
Yes, it does have some bearing. (For Her!)
I didn't bother to check my spelling.
My neighbor mentioned this when she spoke to me.
As if to say because our neighborhood is "upper middle class" she could not fathom how her daughter found the time, action or person to become involve with. "It had to be someone from somewhere else" I think she was trying to convince herself that she was so important' as well as her family that someone had to pressure her daughter into this type of behavior.
I really don't understand this women. Her mentally is not realistic. She refuses to see that no matter who you are or where you come from you are a product of your environment. I can't place judgement on this women, but let's just say the apple did not fall far from the tree.
I am not even sure why she told me. I assumed that through pass conversation that she felt my disapproval of how she was raising her child and wanted to point the blame on someone or something other than herself.

God is a good God, he doesnt wish evil upon us. He sent His Son to die for us so that we could be spared. Just like your parents had good plans for you, He has plans for us, but we have our own will, doesnt mean we will fulfill the hopes they have for us.

Jeramiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

other translations:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

As far as your friend goes, it doesnt matter how affluent her neighborhood is if she isnt guiding and raising her child right. You mentioned she dresses adult. The parents are buying the clothes, instilling the values to counteract all the mess kids are exposed to, or neglecting to. They are the ones responsibile for teaching her right and wrong and respect for her body and the values they want her to have. The bible charges parents with responsibility of raising their children and teaching them right from wrong.

free will n(13c) 1: voluntary choice or decision 2: freedom of humans to make choices that are not determined by prior causes or divine intervention

Proverbs 20
24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Jeremiah 10 (KJV)
23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

1 Corinthians 12
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1 Corinthians 4
7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Psalm 47
1O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
2For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.
3He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
4He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.

2 Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

John 15
16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,

James4
13Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will (man's know nothing will) go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
15For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live,(God's will) and do this, or that.
16But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Isaiah 46
10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Romans 9
11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16So then it is NOT OF HIM THAT WILLETH, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Ephesians 1
11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Romans 9
17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Genesis 45
4And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
5Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.

John 19
10Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Jeremiah 13
23Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Romans 2
4Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Ecclesiastes 3
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Thank you, Thank ou.
I believe that she is trying to put the blame on someone else besides herself.
She feels as if she has failed , but doesn't want to admit it.

There are several sources of evil:

1. Our Sin (wrongdoings we do that affect us and others)
2. Others' Sin (wrongdoings others do that have an affect on us)
3. Unnatural disasters (car accident, shooting, etc.)
4. Natural disasters (tornadoes, earthquakes, death, etc.)

So we can't totally blame God or totally blame Satan for everything that happens. Yes, God is completely sovereign and has control over everything... having total control doesn't mean nothing bad is going to happen. ;)

Back