Does Flirting Save You Money?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I was at the movie theater last night and one of the concession worker gave me a half price strawberry lemonade and two free popcorns. It's not much, but I saved about $13 dollars by switching to flirting. Wish that could work on bills, student loans, and the grocery store *grumble, grumble* :lol:

Anybody else have any stories of saving a few dollars by flirting? What's the most you've saved?

Post the tags.
And I'm a terrible flirter. I really only flirt when I specifically want something. It's too much work flirting Lol! Because then you're like expected to keep that up longer than just for your swag. Especially flirting with men you see often. Like then they're all up in your face trying to flirt and it's just like ok, bai. #introvertprobs

Saying all that I do want to hone my flirting skills.

Hell yeah it does

But im carful now a days I don't like ugly dudes to even think they have a chance for a free anything.

I wish I would smile at your ugly arse so you can slip an extra 6 piece in my sons happy meal beech I got 3 dollars

There is an ugly guy at work that's always somewhere waiting to hold the door for me I will straight turn the hall go down one flight and up another and open 3 doors along the way just to avoid him ever thinking his door holding is going to turn into a how was your weekend.

Hell yeah it does

But im carful now a days I don't like ugly dudes to even think they have a chance for a free anything.

I wish I would smile at your ugly arse so you can slip an extra 6 piece in my sons happy meal beech I got 3 dollars

There is an ugly guy at work that's always somewhere waiting to hold the door for me I will straight turn the hall go down one flight and up another and open 3 doors along the way just to avoid him ever thinking his door holding is going to turn into a how was your weekend.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Post the tags.
And I'm a terrible flirter. I really only flirt when I specifically want something. It's too much work flirting Lol! Because then you're like expected to keep that up longer than just for your swag. Especially flirting with men you see often. Like then they're all up in your face trying to flirt and it's just like ok, bai. #introvertprobs

Saying all that I do want to hone my flirting skills.
The tags were "use what you got to get what you want" and "I'm not a player, I just flirt a lot." Movies and music references :lachen:it is a lot of work flirting, but I only do it when I feel like it. Sometimes people can be draining.

I went to a bodega the other day and got my chips and drinks for free. This used to happen to me a lot at the gas station I used to go to in Atlanta. I didn't realize until I left that the guy behind the counter probably thought I was flirting but I was just being my regular pleasant self. I walked in smile politely said hello grabbed what I wanted walked up to counter I think I said something like how has your day been so far with a smile. We had some chit chat, when I asked how much it was he said "you good". I thanked him and left. Tried my luck the next day at that same spot and they sure enough charged me. :lachen:

I went to a bodega the other day and got my chips and drinks for free. This used to happen to me a lot at the gas station I used to go to in Atlanta. I didn't realize until I left that the guy behind the counter probably thought I was flirting but I was just being my regular pleasant self. I walked in smile politely said hello grabbed what I wanted walked up to counter I think I said something like how has your day been so far with a smile. We had some chit chat, when I asked how much it was he said "you good". I thanked him and left. Tried my luck the next day at that same spot and they sure enough charged me. :lachen:
It doesn't always work, but when it does, it's glorious :lol:

I'm introvert but can pull out the charm when needed. in the last year I've gotten:
  • groceries paid while flirting in line
  • free food in fast food line
  • free repairs on my washing machine and clearing out of vents in my home (that was good for a couple hundred). he didn't even charge for parts.
  • ~$2k in plumbing cut down to $500ish (iirc?). charged for parts. labor free.
  • free full tank of gas. that was random, I just smiled at the Asian dude and he stretched the pump all the way over and filled my tank
  • half price on car repairs from a mobile mechanic a cpl months ago. again only charged for parts not labor.

I don't flirt often, but I'm pretty friendly. So far that has gotten me credit in the stores run by the Arabs. This is a big deal only because 1. They usually have posted signs that say "no credit" and 2. I never ask, they offer it to me for some reason :lol:

I'm introvert but can pull out the charm when needed. in the last year I've gotten:
  • groceries paid while flirting in line
  • free food in fast food line
  • free repairs on my washing machine and clearing out of vents in my home (that was good for a couple hundred). he didn't even charge for parts.
  • ~$2k in plumbing cut down to $500ish (iirc?). charged for parts. labor free.
  • free full tank of gas. that was random, I just smiled at the Asian dude and he stretched the pump all the way over and filled my tank
  • half price on car repairs from a mobile mechanic a cpl months ago. again only charged for parts not labor.

How did these conversations generally start? What was the response? How long did these talks last? Did you have to give out your number? Tell, tell . . .

take-notes-o.gif

How did these conversations generally start? What was the response? How long did these talks last? Did you have to give out your number? Tell, tell . . .

take-notes-o.gif
I'm just kinda a flirt. compliment their mascinity. lol.

I'm cute (I think so anyway) but not super beautiful or thin or young. it's not that.

The servicemen... well black women can play damsel too! The workers like to chat and be listened to while they work... be sweet and attentive to their stories. lol. basically same as you nab any other dude :lol:

The gas dude was real random... can't explain that...

Just got my mani and pedi paid for. The guy might've been gay but hey! Saved $70 bucks.

Just being pleasant with a smile will open many doors. I just wish I figured this out eons ago. Such a simple task but can yield big rewards. (Not always tangible but those can be the best ones)

I don't flirt often, but I'm pretty friendly. So far that has gotten me credit in the stores run by the Arabs. This is a big deal only because 1. They usually have posted signs that say "no credit" and 2. I never ask, they offer it to me for some reason :lol:

I moved to a new hood 4 months ago. Still no free stuff, but the Hispanic shop owners around here have also started offering me credit :lol: :huh:

Just got my mani and pedi paid for. The guy might've been gay but hey! Saved $70 bucks.

Just being pleasant with a smile will open many doors. I just wish I figured this out eons ago. Such a simple task but can yield big rewards. (Not always tangible but those can be the best ones)
Score! :lachen::toocool:

I used to flirt to get my way...but now I'm just generally nice. I believe Caring is contagious. I care for a lot of people so therefore the universe cares for me. I am rarely in need for anything. I catch a lot of deals a lot. Like when I got my bathroom redone the person came to me and said he thought I should get it done. Instead of paying I'm guessing $2000 is what it was worth I only paid about $1000 including materials.

I look out for others. I try to send business to friends with businesses. I do a lot of favors for people if it doesn't take much time (flyers, resume building, proofing letters, writing recommendation letters, supporting people's events) and in return the universe loves on me.

Back